Are we all doomed??

Started by Mr.Craig, March 13, 2012, 11:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

I couldn't find any info on this at the AFL website (ofcourse) but given that we have a stupid one game weekend to start the season will that mean that we have to pick our non GWS and Sydney rookies blind? By that I mean will we have to lock in those players prior to any teams being named leaving us exposed to potential non-starters?

I know there will be a partial lockout but VS seems to be in the business of screwing with us this year. Does anyone know for certain if the partial lockout will allow us to adjust our squad (minus Syd and GWS players obvoiusly) or only our already selected team prior to the rest of the Rd.1 matches?

pockets

Yes. We are all doomed. :-[

Manbearpig

Partial lockout means that your team is partially locked - only the GWS and Sydney players can't be changed - everything else can. So, you're not 'doomed,' but it's going to be inconvenient if you decide you really want to squeeze in certain rookies but you can't because you've already selected too many GWS rookies in a position.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 14, 2012, 12:15:46 AM
Partial lockout means that your team is partially locked - only the GWS and Sydney players can't be changed - everything else can. So, you're not 'doomed,' but it's going to be inconvenient if you decide you really want to squeeze in certain rookies but you can't because you've already selected too many GWS rookies in a position.

So if I understand you correctly, we will still have unlimited trades between March 25 and 29 (excluding GWS and Sydney players)?

Manbearpig

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 14, 2012, 12:37:53 AM

So if I understand you correctly, we will still have unlimited trades between March 25 and 29 (excluding GWS and Sydney players)?
correct but we are still all doomed

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 14, 2012, 12:52:07 AM
Yes.

That would be good. I was getting prepared to do this during that week...

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tabs on March 14, 2012, 12:55:57 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 14, 2012, 12:37:53 AM

correct but we are still all doomed

So very true.

I'm not sure if you were referring to life in general or just Dream Team but it works either way. ;)

TheMailman

Well you shouldn't be picking any Swans rookies so really your only worry is that GWS get absolutely annihilated (highly possible)