Is it time to really consider mid pricers?

Started by T Dog, March 13, 2012, 09:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

With the injured rooks and guessing return dates is it time to seriously consider the lower to mid ranged mid pricers?
Bower, Porps, McCarthy, as examples.

its me lads

nothin wrong with the ol' mid pricer. I got porps, lake, hargave, . get around em.

Capper

Sure is i have 8 that i am thinking about at the moment

Victorius Secret

i reckon the overall team looks average with too many mid pricers. GUNS n ROOKS unless its an absolute bargain or a real smokey.

egosbar

bower isnt a mid pricer , hes rookie priced

mid price to me is 200-380k

and there is no problem making way in your team for 120-200k players , generally they will make you money and thier js is usually better

Justin Bieber

PowerBug

Only one in each spot. I'm trying to limit myself to that. There are so many that are tempting though. :-X

Jalapeno

Answer to your question is YES. If you want the car and to be ultra competitive then you need to do this otherwise you will be one of the crowd. No matter what anyone says.... But its ALL about picking the correct one :)

Jukes

I was going strictly guns n rooks for a fair while. but recently have put in a few mid-pricers in Hargrave, Masten and Porps.

Jalapeno

Quote from: Jukes on March 14, 2012, 01:49:25 PM
I was going strictly guns n rooks for a fair while. but recently have put in a few mid-pricers in Hargrave, Masten and Porps.
Really masten.... I see you have been around fanfooty for a while i thought you would know better haha jokes :)

Diesels Pups

Quote from: Jalapeno on March 14, 2012, 01:51:06 PM
Really masten.... I see you have been around fanfooty for a while i thought you would know better haha jokes :)
Reckon Masten might be a good one. Get ready for an explosion of points from this guy. That being said  i don't have him...lol

Jukes

Yeah I reckon Masten has good enough potential to be worthy of a pick.

TheMailman

The winner last year (Jetta Vendetta) had several mid pricers in his opening lineup round 1. By round 2 he was ranked 30,000th before he got rid of these players.

What he did right and what I think is important, he got all his rookies basically spot on and the ones that sucked (richardson toy bewick) he was able to get rid of early.

Kuruki

Quote from: Victorius Secret on March 14, 2012, 04:49:28 AM
i reckon the overall team looks average with too many mid pricers. GUNS n ROOKS unless its an absolute bargain or a real smokey.

Really? i think It looks average with to many rookies starting on the paddock. Rookies equal massive sub risk. Mid pricers don't have that same risk.

Capper

Define an "absolute bargain or a real smokey" though, isnt it in the eyes of the coach. i believe that these 8 can really get some decent scores. Will i keep them for the year, probably depends on how they score and if they get injured.[quote
author=Jalapeno link=topic=50722.msg675675#msg675675 date=1331693466]
[/quote]
Totally agree although mine are growing
Quote from: Kuruki on March 14, 2012, 05:24:30 PM

Really? i think It looks average with to many rookies starting on the paddock. Rookies equal massive sub risk. Mid pricers don't have that same risk.
True as well