Main Menu

4th Def

Started by The Bomber, March 13, 2012, 08:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Should be My 4th D

Birchall (3rd Def with RD 13 bye...)
13 (31%)
Broughton (Could play literally anywhere, inconsistency???)
14 (33.3%)
Duffield (Last year shocker, improve???)
4 (9.5%)
Heppell (Last year brilliant (bit of bias))
5 (11.9%)
Burgoyne (Free in Def and Mid hopefully)
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: March 15, 2012, 08:06:52 PM

The Bomber

Due to the beautiful way the AFL has structured the bye, many prems have the bye rd 13...ATM i have Gods, Shaw and Newman as my top 3 def...

Also have Birchall, but the bye is annoying...

Thinking of Broughton, but has played almost everywhere this year so consistent scoring in question...

Duffield had a shocker last year avg only 75.6 ... In saying that he avg 97.4 and 90.7 in the year previous...could score the same again??? (plus gives me 100k to spend elsewhere)

Heppell was a beauty last year and didn't really look like slowing down that much

Burgoyne, more of a unique and DPP helps...

Ringo

Stick with Birchall - So long as this is the only donut in Round 13.  Look at it this way - What will the three score throughout the season including byes compared to the replacement scores.

jasonweare

going birchall, as long as its the only donut in round 13 im happy to take it

tor01doc

Rrringo, total scores 'up to the bye' after which surely the guys like Lids / Newman / Scotland or whoever has been quietly waiting for your call to arms gets picked.

I am working on potential scoring differences up until the bye. Richmond will have to be lucky to score well in more than 1 of their first 6 so their share of 3300 will be a lot less than 50%. Like Birchall but probably sterr clear of Lids / Newman so I guess I'll have to go Goddard / Shaw / Birchall / Broughton / Adcock / Lake and rookies.

Does that make sense?

The Bomber

I
Quote from: tor01doc on March 13, 2012, 10:53:10 PM
Rrringo, total scores 'up to the bye' after which surely the guys like Lids / Newman / Scotland or whoever has been quietly waiting for your call to arms gets picked.

I am working on potential scoring differences up until the bye. Richmond will have to be lucky to score well in more than 1 of their first 6 so their share of 3300 will be a lot less than 50%. Like Birchall but probably sterr clear of Lids / Newman so I guess I'll have to go Goddard / Shaw / Birchall / Broughton / Adcock / Lake and rookies.

Does that make sense?
see what you mean but looking at Newmans stats last year:
Ric draw 2012 (2011 Score against the team)

Carl (132), Coll (116), Melb (102), Geel (45 (i think got injured that matches as he didnt play any after)), WCE (DNP), PA (100), Syd (88), Ess (116)

But my point is you can look back at his record and he does score well against tough opposition as well, still manages the ton even though the majority of the 3300 points available goes to the other team.

The other person would be scotland, but he is a tad expensive for me at the moment

Quote from: Ringo on March 13, 2012, 10:43:27 PM
Stick with Birchall - So long as this is the only donut in Round 13.  Look at it this way - What will the three score throughout the season including byes compared to the replacement scores.
My team is well balanced everywhere else, its just the backline that is giving me a headache

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: The Bomber on March 14, 2012, 12:18:10 AM
I
Quote from: tor01doc on March 13, 2012, 10:53:10 PM

Does that make sense?
see what you mean but looking at Newmans stats last year:
Ric draw 2012 (2011 Score against the team)

Carl (132), Coll (116), Melb (102), Geel (45 (i think got injured that matches as he didnt play any after)), WCE (DNP), PA (100), Syd (88), Ess (116)

But my point is you can look back at his record and he does score well against tough opposition as well, still manages the ton even though the majority of the 3300 points available goes to the other team.

The other person would be scotland, but he is a tad expensive for me at the moment

Quote from: Ringo on March 13, 2012, 10:43:27 PM
My team is well balanced everywhere else, its just the backline that is giving me a headache

Defenders usually tend to play well against better opposition. The ball is in their half of the ground a lot more!

The Bomber

doesnt mean they will get a lot of the ball...could be a lockdown on an opponent etc...

burner11

Go with the dohnut approach until closer to the bye as a new def/mid rookie could pop up due to the decent def./mid (ie. Burgoyne etc.) also having the bye rnd 13 if you have them in your mids, Or if you wanted to bite the bullet and stop the dohnut start a prem. back in yr mids.

Bosh

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: The Bomber on March 14, 2012, 11:51:00 PM
doesnt mean they will get a lot of the ball...could be a lockdown on an opponent etc...
No, they're not guaranteed points, or the ball, but the point is that they have much more opportunity to get the ball and score points - even a lockdown defender will get that opportunity.

Zabs

I'm actually thinking johncock as an option, Adelaide has a good early draw and plays gold coast in sc grand final.

enzedder

Quote from: Zabs on March 15, 2012, 04:57:50 PM
I'm actually thinking johncock as an option, Adelaide has a good early draw and plays gold coast in sc grand final.
You could do worse...Stiffy might be a great pick. I was considering him at one stage. Adelaides bye is in R11, doesn't clash with Goddard, Lids, Newman, Birchall, Suckling, Scotland, Enright, Heater, Broughton...so from that perspective gives some balance.

Bosh

Quote from: enzedder on March 15, 2012, 05:04:53 PM
Quote from: Zabs on March 15, 2012, 04:57:50 PM
You could do worse...Stiffy might be a great pick. I was considering him at one stage. Adelaides bye is in R11, doesn't clash with Goddard, Lids, Newman, Birchall, Suckling, Scotland, Enright, Heater, Broughton...so from that perspective gives some balance.

Adcock over Johncock surely?

Zabs

Adcock can sometimes be a lock down player, which effects his scores like last year. He did well when drummond was out, and then when he returned his scores were 60. -80. Stiffy on other hand doesn't play lock down as he's garbage at that role, so historically he floats around defense similar to heater. For a 30 k discount I don't mind the risk.

The Bomber

see if you look at brichall etc they wont score 80 anywhere as much as adcock ofr johncock...

i rekon johncock will get more attention swell, he seems to be a valuable piece to the crows