Started by vtaced, March 13, 2012, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Bosh on March 13, 2012, 07:53:47 PM
Quote from: Jayman on March 13, 2012, 07:46:05 PM
Quote from: Bosh on March 13, 2012, 07:30:39 PM
Quote from: fever on March 13, 2012, 07:09:44 PM
Quote from: Swallow12 on March 13, 2012, 04:50:09 PM
Just get a rookie, porps has never been a great fantasy scorer even when hes not injured

pretty sure this is wrong

Nah it's right. His best return ever has been an avg of 87.
Id take 87ppg for 229k :D

Yeah ya would, but that was his BEST return over 6 years! He has only played a full season once.
Since 2006 his averages have been: 61.4, 65.1, 86.2, 87, 70.6, and 13.

Probably worth the risk but personally i would rather go 115k cheaper on a rookie who will average 70 and use the cash elsewhere.
whose to say he won't improve...

tor01doc

Seems most well balanced teams have 2, if not 3 'risky' types - Lake / Hargrave / Grimes / Clarke / Hayes / Kreuzer / Porps / etc etc

Porps seems like little risk (say about $100000 or 1% of your salary cap) for a potential BOOM!

jasonweare

Quote from: PICCOLLO on March 13, 2012, 10:03:38 PM
The extra job security and bigger body, not to mention he is a major target down there is worth the extra 100k.  Ill take his 80 avg.  by round 7, he'll be wearing a fremantle jumper and go by the name pavlich.

+1 love the pavlich line

ubeaut

Yes love the pav line. For me he"ll become Chappy,Martin or Rioli deprnding on who I don't start with and is doing well.

CrowsFan

Probably worth the risk but personally i would rather go 115k cheaper on a rookie who will average 70 and use the cash elsewhere.
The best averaging forward rookie last season was Jack Darling, and he averaged 69.5. So if you think you can save the cash and get a 70 ppg player good luck with that ;)

Jay

didnt mzungi/i.smith average more than darling?

CrowsFan

Hmm guess I forgot about them since they're not listed as forwards this year. But correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think either started the season did they? So they were downgrade targets ;)

Griffo1982

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 14, 2012, 09:47:20 AM
Hmm guess I forgot about them since they're not listed as forwards this year. But correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think either started the season did they? So they were downgrade targets ;)
You're reaching now!

Talisman

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 14, 2012, 02:15:45 AM
The best averaging forward rookie last season was Jack Darling, and he averaged 69.5. So if you think you can save the cash and get a 70 ppg player good luck with that ;)

Reckon this is the best point made in the whole thread - fwd rookies suck! (& yes, Mzungu & I.Smith didn't start the year & were therefore def downgrade targets)

Think about the options. Will Smedts play with all the Cats guns back? (He did a couple of nice things, a couple of rubbish things.) Pfeiffer should play, but has hardly set the world on fire - spudding it up during NAB. Saad/Milera have to displace Milne - v.hard to do. Any/all GWS players could end up like Suns last year - in & out & with low scoring potential when the serious stuff starts. Will Dickson command a spot for the Dogs? I hope so. Will he score well? Who knows! I'm looking a Tom Couch! That's how bad the fwd rookies are - I'm looking at a Melb. rookie-listed player...

If fit, at least Porps will play, be a major target down fwd/with poss. mid rotation time, enabling him to score better than most - if not all - other fwd rookies. I'll take him!

meow meow

If people are willing to pay 190K for Coniglio in the mids for an 85 average, maybe they should look in the forwards for a player around the same price who is going to average 75ish. There is a blondie from Freo who is very capable of it.

Talisman

Who? Mellington is the only Freo player around that price in the fwds - is that who you're talking about? Don't know much about him - any info?

Disco

I think when you assess whether you should have somebody in you need to look at a two player combined score not just one eg the Porps/Sidebum duo costs $682k but if you go $106k rookie for porps then you can afford Pavlich instead of sidey. It all comes down to who you think will score the most points and whether any of them are an injury risk. On the injury risk alone I'd go Pav\rookie option.

meow meow

Quote from: Talisman on March 14, 2012, 02:50:59 PM
Who? Mellington is the only Freo player around that price in the fwds - is that who you're talking about? Don't know much about him - any info?

That's the one. 2nd year player who looks to have come on in leaps and bounds over the preseason. Very similar to Luke Parker.

Talisman

Interesting. Might have to a bit more research into him. Cheers!

Bosh