First post for the year... have a look

Started by nath01, March 13, 2012, 01:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nath01

Backs: Goddard, Lids, Shaw, Birchall, Lake, Ellis, Bugg (Morriss, Blee)

Mids: Gazza, Murphy, Boyd, Masten, Wingard, Miles (Clifton, McIntyre)

Rucks: Cox, Luenberger (Giles, Redden)

Fwd: Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Saad, Hampton, Hall (Smedts, Kerridge)

This is my first go at it for this year, so thoughts would be great. Ill try to rate yours too

Cheers

Shiftynev

Hi Nath,

Main problem for you is the rucks and the bye.
The lions and weagles share it in rd 11.  Don't like 2 prem rucks out at same time.
The rest looks ok with the usual rookie watch for rd 1. Don't expect saad to play ahead of the serial pests milne and sneider.

tor01doc

Hi. Welcome back.

You have shown a fair degree of self restraint haven't you?

May I start with my usual warning about round 13 byes / donuts / defenders.

6 of yours share round 13. I know some will have been traded out but a bit stacked at the moment.

Masten - my isn't he popular this week. Like a viral plague sweeping the selection committee rooms. Your choice.

Rucks - bye R11 looming. Maybe McEvoy instead of Leue or go Mummy and Leue.

A wee bit thin up front. Need a 'comb-over' like KB used to have. Danger at F3 is a bit weak but that's because of your strong albeit bye problematic rucks and Masten.

Nice but a couple of small issues I'm sure you'll tend to.

Good luck.

nath01

Thanks guys. Yeah all over Masten like a fat kid on a cupcake!

Here is the revised team:

Rucks: Mummy, McEvoy
Fwd: Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porps, Hampton, Hall (Pfeiffer, Smedts)

Changing Cox to Mummy allowed me to swap Saad for Porps, who i have been trying to fit in for a while

Cheers

felsty

Must have Franklin! You would be crazy not too. Think you need to make some cash and beef up your forwards. I had both masten and porp and decided to drop masten out. Last week he played in a team without priddis, shuey, embley so he will take a lesser role this week.. By downgrading him I would upgrade danger to franklin

tor01doc

He has Franklin I am sure. Just missed typing him in.

He is not stupid enough to leave him out!

Looks a bit better.

Lids is a concern after his preseason and the draw he faces. Maybe get him later and think about a non Carlton / Hawthorn . Richmond to replace him.

Nicer.

nath01

thanks guys.

I do have Buddy (1st pick of the lot i think) but i didnt type him in

Revised full team:

Rucks: Mummy, McEvoy
Fwd: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porps, Hampton, Hall (Pfeiffer, Smedts)

Im still not too worried about Lids. He is young enough to take a bit of time off and come back firing. I will definitely keep an eye on that though.

Im really not too worried about overall position (ie byes), im just trying to win league $$.

Once again, still have to keep an eye on guys like Masten and Lids over the next week or so before finalising the team