UPDATED! please rate :) Risks!! (PICTURE)

Started by stonay, March 12, 2012, 07:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonay

Hey guys, i feel like i have re-invented my team about 500 times trying to get the right mix of prems and rookies with the inclusion of a few risks that providing no injury should make me some money, just wondering your thoughts on these risks and which prems should stay or go according to you guys! any help would me a bunch thanks :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

doogz

D: Good
M: Zorko is injured, I would have only 3 premiums in here to get more cash from the cash-cow rooks.
R: Pretty weak, I would definitely upgrade Maric (do this by downgrade of Barlow)
F: Pretty good, I am a big fan of either fyfe or Pav, but not both.  I would swap in a Goodes or N Reiwoldt.

Good team, 8/10.  Your structure is slightly different to mine so take my views with a grain of salt.  I am thinking of gambling on Lake and porpz too but it could be a great risk and if it fails...

MLS

Do a bit more rookie research. I don't think Brown has played a game yet, Pfieffer and Couch are still rookie listed, Wingard looks good but is a bit expensive. Smedts is looking better the last few rounds, but my biggest concern is the Big O. Redden could be an option.

As mentioned Barlow is still injured and Maric is not good value IMO.

Zabs

Backs  - look good
Mids - very good, fingers crossed Barlow does well
Rucks - too weak IMO, need cox or mummy if your going to keep maric
Forwards - think your one prem short here

You must have a decent amount of cash left?  I think you need 2 more premiums,

IMO, you need a minimum of 13 premiums to have a good year

Good luck

8/10

stonay

Quote from: doogz on March 12, 2012, 08:27:04 PM
D: Good
M: Zorko is injured, I would have only 3 premiums in here to get more cash from the cash-cow rooks.
R: Pretty weak, I would definitely upgrade Maric (do this by downgrade of Barlow)
F: Pretty good, I am a big fan of either fyfe or Pav, but not both.  I would swap in a Goodes or N Reiwoldt.

Good team, 8/10.  Your structure is slightly different to mine so take my views with a grain of salt.  I am thinking of gambling on Lake and porpz too but it could be a great risk and if it fails...

Thanks for the tips :D yeah i was going for barlow as one that would make me money along with maric, maybe ill revisit barlow and get rid of him and porps, switch in danger, and another rookie, they seem to be dropping like fliies at the moment! i always start with pav, so i may just see how he turns out with him as a potential upgrade target and keep fyfe....

Quote from: MLS on March 12, 2012, 09:00:56 PM
Do a bit more rookie research. I don't think Brown has played a game yet, Pfieffer and Couch are still rookie listed, Wingard looks good but is a bit expensive. Smedts is looking better the last few rounds, but my biggest concern is the Big O. Redden could be an option.

As mentioned Barlow is still injured and Maric is not good value IMO.

will do, will definitely chuck in redden over big o, due to redden seemingly to carry the brunt of the ruckwork until there main man comes back, and is there any straight up changes your advice for barlow? ive thought about t.mitchell in mids from sydney also, or even gaff or masten at their awkward prices.... was only considering maric as a unique as he is the only decent ruckman at richmond atm and possibly switching out the berger for mummy?

Quote from: Zabs on March 12, 2012, 09:07:55 PM
Backs  - look good
Mids - very good, fingers crossed Barlow does well
Rucks - too weak IMO, need cox or mummy if your going to keep maric
Forwards - think your one prem short here

You must have a decent amount of cash left?  I think you need 2 more premiums,

IMO, you need a minimum of 13 premiums to have a good year

Good luck

8/10

only had 3,000 left from that team :/ haha

was going to get rid of                 pavlich> dangerfield
                                         leuenberger> mummy
                                                barlow> ? (possibly masten or gaff as a unique? or should i straight up make it another rookie?)
                                                  zorko> T.mitchell???
                                                 brown> ??

***only thinking of keeping maric because his the main man at the tigers and no other ruckman down there (if you would call them that) will be taking his big game time away from him so basically a unique.

Just wondering if im hurting my structure at all/ prems by eliminating pav?

all your guys advice is rad! gives me more to think about :)

stonay

OK! so ive made a few switches in my team as you will notice, but just for a reference point trades are as follows;

Leuenberger> cox
O.stephensen> redden
Pavlich> goodes
porplyzia> dangerfield
barlow> d.smith
brown(adelade)>kerridge (was thinking either him or kavanagh)??
zorko> magner (yes his dislocated hand atm, but waiting to see a proper evaluation, as this team only leaves me $10,000 in the bank with a full line-up, i just cant seem to find anyone else that is that cheap in the mids that potentially represents his playing value)

BELOW IS MY UPDATED TEAM!! rip it apart give it hell, i know maric is a super gamble, but with those rookies and the ELITE cox in there i feel they other prems i have around the ground (i.e picking up goodes) will cover him or make up for a prem ruckman

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

stonay

advice or flaming please? will rate your team afterwards!

BoredSaint

i reckon swan is better priced than pendlebury.. they will score pretty similar but pendles is costing more

you can use that money to upgrade maric if you want.. im actually a huge fan of maric but some may say its too big of a risk

getting pretty close mate 9/10

Mick champ

Only concern now is if Magner will be named round 1, do you want to miss out on one weeks cash?

stonay

Quote from: BoredSaint on March 15, 2012, 12:28:23 AM
i reckon swan is better priced than pendlebury.. they will score pretty similar but pendles is costing more

you can use that money to upgrade maric if you want.. im actually a huge fan of maric but some may say its too big of a risk

getting pretty close mate 9/10
thanks for the advice dude! yeah i'am also a big fan of maric and feel he will almost get upto value to make a sideways trade if one of the in form ruckman dont hold up there solid scores from last year, im only thinking pendles because people have been saying if it will benefit him for the finals run, swan will go to arizona again, (not sure if that will result in missed games) but its just another thought, or would you recommend upgrading another fwd or backman?? thanks!

stonay

Quote from: Mick champ on March 15, 2012, 07:07:28 AM
Only concern now is if Magner will be named round 1, do you want to miss out on one weeks cash?

thanks for the advice i have now changed MAGNER > GIBSON! :)