Main Menu

Richmond 2012

Started by vossy12, March 12, 2012, 04:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vossy12

I Believe they will come between 9-13

Usman

I went 5-8. yes i barrack for Richmond  ::) we have a midfield that could push into the elite this year along with a forward line that could too. Aswell as a developing backline should see us rise to hopefully 8th position.

Wes Mantooth

I wish they would make the 8 but it's going to be solid in there. Next year though, backline will have developed and their mids and fwd line will be mighty. 2013, year of the tiger?

Might need to check the chinese calender :P

SydneyRox

not going to make the 8

Usman

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 21, 2012, 01:25:12 AM
not going to make the 8

the odds are against us thats for sure, but some one has to step up this year. Ill back us in.

Colliwobblers

i went 5 to 8, if they have a good start the draw gets easier later, its a scramble for the top 8 but the Crows and North are both on the up like the tigers and hard to split and then potentially the dogs the saints and freo if they have a repeat of last years injuries stand to go backwards, so top 8 is possible but the competition is fierce for the last couple of spots in the 8 im betting

meow meow

They can't make the 8. Their backline is still shaky, and they are one quality forward short. They have a quality midfield, and Vickery and Riewoldt provide good targets up forward but the backline is too weak to overlook. 10th

Cruiseon

I do feel sorry for Richmond supporters, every March there is so much hope and by the end of April it is almost inevitably washed away.

Just in recent history it's been Ben Cousin's arrival, getting close to Carlton last year in round 1 last year and this year a good run in the NAB Cup & Hardwick's extension.

I wish Richmond all the best but I think they are too reliant on too few and lacking depth. 9th-12th for mine.

Usman

Quote from: meow meow on March 21, 2012, 04:33:52 PM
They can't make the 8. Their backline is still shaky, and they are one quality forward short. They have a quality midfield, and Vickery and Riewoldt provide good targets up forward but the backline is too weak to overlook. 10th

whe you say quality forward are we talking Key position or small?
if its a key foward i would argue we dont need another and if its smal we have quality in: Nahas, King and Martin, Deledio who will rotate though the forward line. Mids and Fwds are definately not the issue. As you said the defense is still very shaky but Rance has become a very good 3rd defender there is absolutely no issue with the small defenders as we have a plethora there is just we need atleast one of our young key defenders to stand up this year. Will it happen? i will say just enough to sneak into the 8. if we had one or two really breakout it would be finals for sure but they are simply too young. Injuries to key defenders have hurt, but i like the fact that the young guys are getting experience anyway. Im saying we will finish 8-10. 8th in my mind lol.

meow meow

I mean one more mid size forward. Martin, Deledio and even Nahas are midfielders/high half forwards. Someone better than Miller shouldn't be that hard to find.

The key position backs are what needs work. Rance is a 3rd tall who has to play on bigger opponents. Grimes will be good but is a couple of years off being solid. Moore is your best key back but he's still injured. Astbury, Post aren't even close to being finals quality. McQuane is barely AFL standard.

Can't see how you'll make finals until those areas are improved on.

Kellogscrunchynut

If we had a more kind draw we would be a good chance to get in the eight, if we can maybe get a win or two against quality top 
6 teams we might be a chance, and unlike last year we need to bury the bottom teams.