Main Menu

Geelong 2012

Started by vossy12, March 12, 2012, 04:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vossy12

I Believe they will come between 1-4

supercoach addict

I think 1st or 2nd. Even if they don't finish first they'll still win the granny. Last year showed us we shouldn't underestimate Geelong

bunyip

I think they can do it again. They have to finish in the top 4 though, thats a given. If you don't finish in the top 4 it's almost impossible to make the GF, and yes, I know it's been done, but not very often.

CrowsFan

Quote from: bunyip on March 13, 2012, 02:28:12 PM
I think they can do it again. They have to finish in the top 4 though, thats a given. If you don't finish in the top 4 it's almost impossible to make the GF, and yes, I know it's been done, but not very often.
Adelaide 1998 ;D

bunyip

Don't you just love the way that Scotty is playing down our chances of winning this year. Collingwood have been the best team of the last 2 years, Hawthorn were just a kick away from a premiership. Both teams have improved and poor old Geelong has to recover from losing valuable players that have weakened the side.
I swear, he must have kept the script from last season. Has it worked.........yep. No-one gives us a chance of winning this season. All the media attention is on the other clubs, especially I've noticed, The Bullies.
It is incredibly hard to win back to back premierships, but, you would write off Geelong this early in the season at your own risk.

Cruiseon

Bunyip, you know me well enough & I talked up Geelong all last year but elsewhere on these boards I have made one outlandish prediction. I don't think the 2011 Grand Finalists will make the GF in 2012.

Of course on one front I hope I'm wrong but I smell change in the air.

bunyip

All we have to go on at this stage is NAB cup form, which is, I believe, mostly irrelevant. We all have basically the same teams as last season with a few changes. It's up to the lower clubs to catch up to the top 4 teams. So far I have not seen anything to tell me that there will be a lot of changes this season. One or two top 8 teams will be replaced by an up and comer.
Geelong and Collingwood will both be different teams this season for various reasons. Is it different good , or different bad? We won't know untill about half way through the season, will we.

bunyip

Just about time to go.Our team will look a bit different from the GF one, but that doesn't mean it's any worse. Recruiting the "Big O" was a masterstroke in hindsight. We have a few injured players, but so do most other clubs. To all intents and purposes, the Cats are READY.

Cruiseon

So Bunyip what us your prediction for the game against Freo?

bunyip

I think we'll get our arse kicked

Ziplock

sarcastic or serious?

I don't think you'll win either, if they have a close to full squad :P

Cruiseon

bunyip

I just think Geelong will get off to a slow start this season. We should have lost round 1 last season, but some great efforts by some of our players got us through. Freo are always a challenge at home, I would have preferred to play them later on in the season.
I'm not saying we CAN'T win, but I think Freo will come out swinging. They'll be very determined to win their home games, especially early.

Cicjose

you were right Bunyip, but yeah when you are down 5 goals to zip inside 10 minutes i was a little disappointed that Freo didn't maintain that lead throughout.

Geelong are still the benchmark because of their ability to compete to the very end but the first 10 minutes from Fremantle was some of the best footy i have seen from the club.

bunyip

There were times I could not see any Geelong defenders on the TV when Freo went on an attack. They were hopeless. They didn't seem to know what to do and Freo to their credit took full advantage. In the end I thought Geelong fought the game out well though. We had our chances, but weren't good enough.