Main Menu

Essendon 2012

Started by vossy12, March 12, 2012, 04:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Bombers won the game and the free kick count today. Guess that means they cheated, eh Jukes?

Maca24

I think we will finish 5th or 6th. Any less is a failure  :-X

Jukes

Quote from: elephants on May 05, 2012, 07:06:37 PM
Bombers won the game and the free kick count today. Guess that means they cheated, eh Jukes?

Har har har, we only won it 18-14 in a 11 goal win, unlike the 30-10 that eagles usually get.

Btw STANTON.

roo boys!

Quote from: Maca24 on May 05, 2012, 08:00:18 PM
What if you finish 8th and go on to win the flag? :P

Maca24

Quote from: roo boys! on May 05, 2012, 08:52:33 PM
Don't talk shower :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: roo boys! on May 05, 2012, 08:52:33 PM

Then we will fly away on our magical unicorns.

TheHanger

this has actually been the worst thread in a long time (thanks to Jukes and Elephants)
I mean come on the amount of Bias here is ridiculous

both Essendon and and West Coast look certainties for the finals, Eagles should make top 4 but with Kennedy out, Nikoski and LeCras aswell they will have to find goals (lucky they have Darling!!!)

Essendon have shown this year they can roll with anyone and the game against West Coast will really show us where we are

QuoteColyer in your best 22... Oh dear.
Elephants

come on now your kidding yourself, the kid will be a star, watch his final quarter against Port rd 23 last year!!!

Jukes mate I can't believe you have so much bias against the eagles, wth? relax and accept they are a good team, how can they cheat when the umpires make the call

anyway my top 8

Collingwood
Geelong
West Coast
Carlton
Hawthorn
Essendon
Sydney
Adelaide
------------
North Melbourne
St Kilda
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Brisbane
Port Adeliade
Melbourne
Gold Coast
GWS

Jukes

Fine. My top 8;
Pies, Carlton, Geelong, Sydney, Bombers, Eagles, Hawks, Dockers.
Crows and North very unlucky to miss out.

Ziplock

Quote from: TheHanger on May 06, 2012, 01:58:30 PM
this has actually been the worst thread in a long time (thanks to Jukes and Elephants)
I mean come on the amount of Bias here is ridiculous

both Essendon and and West Coast look certainties for the finals, Eagles should make top 4 but with Kennedy out, Nikoski and LeCras aswell they will have to find goals (lucky they have Darling!!!)

Essendon have shown this year they can roll with anyone and the game against West Coast will really show us where we are

QuoteColyer in your best 22... Oh dear.
Elephants

come on now your kidding yourself, the kid will be a star, watch his final quarter against Port rd 23 last year!!!

Jukes mate I can't believe you have so much bias against the eagles, wth? relax and accept they are a good team, how can they cheat when the umpires make the call

anyway my top 8

Collingwood
Geelong
West Coast
Carlton
Hawthorn
Essendon
Sydney
Adelaide
------------
North Melbourne
St Kilda
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Brisbane
Port Adeliade
Melbourne
Gold Coast
GWS

port, who came 16th on the ladder. lol. It's like going 'he dominated against gws. He's a beast.'
basically agree with jukes (not in that order though) but crows in for bombers

AFEV

Essendon sitting 5-1 with the following being their next 5 games ~

West Coast @ Docklands 7:40 
Richmond @ MCG           7:45
GWS @ Skoda                7:40
Melbourne @ MCG          7:40
Sydney @ Docklands      7:40

Everyone knows how much we love playing at Etihad, especially at night. To be honest I think that brings us into contention against WC and Sydney. With Nicoski, JJK and LeCras all out the Weagles' forward line is as much of a mess as ours is at the moment. By the time we play Sydney we will have a lot of guys back (most importantly Hurley) in the team. Once again, at Etihad and a twilight game.

Even if we lose those games we go into the bye 8-3.
My Bailey Ladder had the 8th team with 13 wins. Meaning we only need to win 5 of our last 10. Which we can do when you consider over that time we have highly winnable games against Footscray (Docklands), St Kilda (Docklands), Port Adelaide (AS), North Melbourne (Etihad) and Richmond (MCG).
As well as the fact that we play Carlton and Collingwood, both of whom we have proven to match up well on.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Sid on May 06, 2012, 04:23:32 PM
Essendon sitting 5-1 with the following being their next 5 games ~

West Coast @ Docklands 7:40 
Richmond @ MCG           7:45
GWS @ Skoda                7:40
Melbourne @ MCG          7:40
Sydney @ Docklands      7:40

Everyone knows how much we love playing at Etihad, especially at night. To be honest I think that brings us into contention against WC and Sydney. With Nicoski, JJK and LeCras all out the Weagles' forward line is as much of a mess as ours is at the moment. By the time we play Sydney we will have a lot of guys back (most importantly Hurley) in the team. Once again, at Etihad and a twilight game.

Even if we lose those games we go into the bye 8-3.
My Bailey Ladder had the 8th team with 13 wins. Meaning we only need to win 5 of our last 10. Which we can do when you consider over that time we have highly winnable games against Footscray (Docklands), St Kilda (Docklands), Port Adelaide (AS), North Melbourne (Etihad) and Richmond (MCG).
As well as the fact that we play Carlton and Collingwood, both of whom we have proven to match up well on.
With the players we have coming back in these weeks i can see us winning all of those games.

But, we will most likely not, Melbourne always beat us, Richmond always do well in the Dreamtime game, and we all know what happened with Sydney last year, We play well against West Coast down here, since now they have no one to kick 12 on us i reckon we can win.

No one is taking us seriously because they know atm the way we are playing we are looking like a threat.

I know we aren't the biggest threat, but say we beat West Coast, then some teams may take notice.

let's go to the next month and as AFEV said, we can very well be 8-3, but we could also easily be 10-1 with Hurley, Mcveigh, Myers and co coming back.

You can tell we miss Hurley, just no options at CHF and we lost to Collingwood by a point and beat Brisbane by 11 goals.

I can see Hurls coming into good form because our midfield is getting clean possesions.

AFEV

Quote from: Cookie Monster on May 06, 2012, 07:45:18 PM
With the players we have coming back in these weeks i can see us winning all of those games.

But, we will most likely not, Melbourne always beat us, Richmond always do well in the Dreamtime game, and we all know what happened with Sydney last year, We play well against West Coast down here, since now they have no one to kick 12 on us i reckon we can win.

No one is taking us seriously because they know atm the way we are playing we are looking like a threat.

I know we aren't the biggest threat, but say we beat West Coast, then some teams may take notice.

let's go to the next month and as AFEV said, we can very well be 8-3, but we could also easily be 10-1 with Hurley, Mcveigh, Myers and co coming back.

You can tell we miss Hurley, just no options at CHF and we lost to Collingwood by a point and beat Brisbane by 11 goals.

I can see Hurls coming into good form because our midfield is getting clean possesions.

Even though we've only lost 1 game at Etihad since Hird took over, we won't be knocking off Sydney and WC. Might be able to get up for 1 of them. But nonetheless can't count on it.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Sid on May 06, 2012, 08:24:36 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on May 06, 2012, 07:45:18 PM

Even though we've only lost 1 game at Etihad since Hird took over, we won't be knocking off Sydney and WC. Might be able to get up for 1 of them. But nonetheless can't count on it.
I'm not saying we will win those games, but they are winnable.

I said we can be 8-3 but we can very easily be 10-1, easily, not judging the teams we're playing, easily is depending on how we play, we can be 9-2.

It will be hard, but we can win those games.

TheMailman

Essendon could go the rest of the season undefeated , but they won't :P

Jukes

We'll win our next five. Eagles forward line has troubled us a lot in the past- now they have none. We should win that, relying Crameri isn't out.

Richmond, GWS and Melbourne results will speak for themselves. Hoping for a 5 goal win vs the Tigers before a 100 point win over GWS and 60 over Melbourne.

Sydney game we can also win. Last year we won, and we've gotten better then we were last year.