Main Menu

Essendon 2012

Started by vossy12, March 12, 2012, 04:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vossy12

I Believe they will come between 5-8

supercoach addict

Anything but a top 8 finish has to be considered a failure..........gotta keep improving and not lag backwards.

Torpedo10

I reckon they'll  come 5th or 6th but will be the surprise packet of the finals series and get to the Prelims.   8)

essendon2

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 13, 2012, 12:49:39 PM
I reckon they'll  come 5th or 6th but will be the surprise packet of the finals series and get to the Prelims.   8)
+1
fuucking hope so

Jukes

There's a lot of bias in the media against us saying we won't come top 8, however I'm thinking we'll come 6th and play a home final against somebody like Fremantle or West Coast and hopefully win that one by a few goals, then play against somebody like Sydney or Geelong and hopefully get over them with a full squad to utilise, then play Carlton or Collingwood in the prelim and challenge for a spot in the grannie. Very open top 8 this year, anybody could get into the pf/gf.

Ryder30

Prob too close to call now but hopefully 5-8.
A win against pies would have been handy tho.... :(

AFEV

Quote from: Ryder30 on May 02, 2012, 09:18:46 PM
To be honest that we have played the Pies and the Blues and come away with a win is a good thing for the season. Keep in mind we also knocked NM off who are looking like a top 8 team this year.
4-1 is a great start to the year. Absolutely stoked with that.

roo boys!

Quote from: Jukes on May 02, 2012, 01:30:38 PM
There's a lot of bias in the media against us saying we won't come top 8, however I'm thinking we'll come 6th and play a home final against somebody like Fremantle or West Coast and hopefully win that one by a few goals, then play against somebody like Sydney or Geelong and hopefully get over them with a full squad to utilise, then play Carlton or Collingwood in the prelim and challenge for a spot in the grannie. Very open top 8 this year, anybody could get into the pf/gf.
Very very optimistic post there! Haha ;)

Also, for some reason I don't think West Coast will come 7th...

Quote from: Sid on May 03, 2012, 09:18:15 PM
Quote from: Ryder30 on May 02, 2012, 09:18:46 PM
To be honest that we have played the Pies and the Blues and come away with a win is a good thing for the season. Keep in mind we also knocked NM off who are looking like a top 8 team this year.
4-1 is a great start to the year. Absolutely stoked with that.
Exactly. Winning one of those games against two pre-season top four touted teams is a very good effort. Coming into those two matches it's fair to say it was fairly possible that you would win neither of them and be sitting around 8th or 9th but to get up over the Blues and push the Pies right to the end is going to do you a world of good when it comes to the pointy end of the season IMO, those 4 points can be invaluable if the teams you are going to be competing with for spots in the 8 don't beat the Blues.

Mind you it was a tough experience for me, I really hated cheering on the Pies and the Blues in the space of of a week and a bit :-X :P

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on May 02, 2012, 01:30:38 PM

Kidding yourself. Eagles are better than 7th bro. Pointy end of the top 4!!

Jukes

Sydney are better, Dockers are better (with little amount of injuries), Collingwood are better, Hawks are better, Cats are better, Crows are better, Bombers are better, Carlton are better. 8 teams right there, although Crows are shower.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on May 03, 2012, 10:59:26 PM
Sydney are better, Dockers are better (with little amount of injuries), Collingwood are better, Hawks are better, Cats are better, Crows are better, Bombers are better, Carlton are better. 8 teams right there, although Crows are shower.

Sydney not better, Freo not better, Pies better with Mick breakeven with Bucks, ummm we beat the hawks two weeks ago? Cats declining but better at Skilled, Crows not better, Bombers not better, Blues possibly better but your mob have shown they can get over confident and brokendown.

Mate seriously look past your unwarranted hate for the eagles. We get you don't like 'em but don't make plain stupid comments, its embarrassing...

Ziplock

imo, as non biased, the top couple of spots are pretty tight

really toss a coin in almost any match up between collingwood, hawthorn, fremantle, wce, carlton geelong

that should be your top 6 :P

that being said, atm I think wce are probably sitting about halfway there.

Jukes

So Sydney are not better despite having beaten Hawthorn WITHOUT CHEATING, Dockers are far better with a full squad; were missing much of their best last season; it was more injuries then eagles had in 2010 when ya came bottom, pies are just hitting their equilibrium and will be back to their near best, as aforementioned, too much cheating to be better then them, cats are just too good for every team on their day, blues FAR better then eagles.

Overconfident and brokendown? We lost to a team who have played in the last 3 grand finals and lost by a point, even with an injury depleted squad (see that we're getting back 3 first 22 players this week in Dempsey, NLM and Colyer).

You're just biast.

elephants

Fine flowerhead. Accuse the eagles of 'cheating' all you want but I can guarantee you we will finish in the eight AND above the bombers (boo me if you want bombers fans but I am only saying my opinion, really is that such a crime?)...

My ladder for this season

Hawthorn
Carlton
Pies
Eagles
Geelong
Sydney
Fremantle
Saints/Bummers/North/Crows

Colyer in your best 22... Oh dear.

We have LeCras (arguably our most valuable player), Nicoski (vital to or forward line structure), JJK (our best power fwd and Embley (Norm Smith medallist and again vital on the Half forward flank) all missing until late in the season.

For those too mentally disadvantaged to see the Eagles are a top 8 side (which is not what you're suggesting) will finally be on the same page as the rest of us when Eagles finish top 4.

Let the boos roll in.

Boomz

Quote from: Jukes on May 03, 2012, 10:59:26 PM

Oh cmon jukes... This just isn't true... Sydney is probably about the same as WC at this stage but the rest aren't better... Seriously underrating them.