Rate my team please!!! Need help

Started by Saintsational18, March 12, 2012, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saintsational18

not 100% sure on me team yet maybe only one or two changes any suggestions
Defenders
Goodard, H shaw, Beau Waters, Dempsey, Lake, Malceski, B Ellis, RESERVES Blee, Wilkes
Midfield
Ablett, S Mitchell, Zharakis, Kelly(not sure on him), Carrazo, T Mitchell, RESERVES Mc Donald, C Smith
Rucks
Jacobs, Kreuzer, RESERVES Stephenson, Gilles
Forwards
Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Smedts, Treloar RESERVES A Saad, Panos
And $ 48,000 left over
Any thoughts?

Ringo

Sorry if this is harsh but this team needs a fair bit of work. Fair too many risks with mid pricers for my liking.  Some nice uniques if they come off.

Def: Too many mid pricers to be effective. Not a good idea to have a low mid pricer at D3.  I would look at downgrading one of Dempsey, Lake or Malceski to a rookie  maybe Bugg and upgrade another to a prem. Birchall, Adcock or Delidio depending on cash.
Mids: Downgrade Zaha or Carazzo to a rookie  even Caddy can come into the equation and Upgrade the other to a super Prem possibly Selwood who imo is vastly underpriced.
Rucks: Sound - Will Jacobbs get the 100+ each week is the question.
Forwards: Your best line here with no real change necessary,

Ideally when you set your Team up you would be looking at 12/13 premiums as keepers. In this team I can only see a maximum of 10 and one or two of those may be doubtful as well.

My strategy which I do not mind sharing and have done is list the team you would like to have going into the final on a sheet of paper.  Depending on the Team structure you wish to go with Select 12/13 in the 4 lines.  Fill the remaining with another prem or 2 if funds allow and rookies.  Each trade is then made to reach your Ideal team goal.

Because of weaknesses outlined would only rate this team 6.5/10 but with a right amount of tinkering can easily become- 9/10

PICCOLLO

Ringo on the money.  Lots of risk and midprice in backs.  I look at your team and wonder where all the money has gone.  Have a punt on one or two risks but bring in known premiums for the rest.  Too much 'uniqueness' never pays off.  But a bit can make a difference.

Saintsational18

Thanks for the help guys will be sure to make those nessecary changes you suggested I'll post my team when I'm finished thank again for the help