Copyright pending - a new direction

Started by tor01doc, March 12, 2012, 09:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Tossed and turned last night. Came up with this. Could it work?

Premise is league win only. Tanking round 13. This is the key. Accept one loss and makes the rest of the season easier.

B Goddard / Scotland / Fisher / Newman / Birchall   -   Ellis / Morris / Bugg / Darley

M GAJ / NDS / Murphy   -   Smith D / Shiel D / Magner / Gibson / Kerridge

R Mumford / Redden / Giles / Stephenson

F Buddy / Fyfe / Cyril / Martin / N Roo  -  Porps / Weedon / Hall / Cameron

So to complete backs - get Shaw when cash cows start milking. Lids when his price drops after Richmond's tough run and his hammies are tested and proven. Also maybe Bock after suspension pending his role. 8/9 top scorers from last year.

Mids - Pendles when he drops. Then cash in rookies and chase Selwood / Swan / Priddis / Rockliff etc - no bye issues.

Rucks - get Cox either after his bye or if he bottoms out.

F Goodes after his traditional early season torpor. And whoever else is killing it - say Danger / SJ / Chappy etc.

Could it work? Rounds 11 and 12 will be easy. Drop one round. Save sideways trades. Come home with a wet sail.

kma07

If you were a salesman, i think you've sealed the deal..

Sounds like a plan

Although, im still not conviced by N.Roo but i hope he proves me wrong..

Magner/shiel - injury concerns?

tor01doc

NRoo is F5 - not too bad.

Rookies to be confirmed.

'tis a plan, but is it a good one?

felsty

yeah not a bad idea! particularly with the backs.. so many good players for round 13.. could work quite well for you
issues with n.roo.. think he is still going down after years up..
like it a lot but :)

upthemaidens

good bookends,,  i wish i was going just for league, makes byes so much easier..oh well
looks like a good team and a good plan

PICCOLLO

Sounds good.  Fyi you dont want to get cox in bye period as you'll cop an unnecessary zero.  Have rucks set prior to byes.  You need all ur trades in that period to juggle ur other positions.

tor01doc

Sidebottom in for NRoo and have $23K leftover.

No ruck donuts with current set up if they get games - or if Cox in and a rookie out.

Realistic me believes you're going to need to be so very lucky to pull off the big one that I'll settle for bragging rights over lippy mates.

barnsey70

good side but get rid of carlton players i hate them!! hahaha

9 outa 10 pal

tor01doc

Me too but by bye time they'll be worth it.

I think there'll be a stewards enquiry into my score come round 13!

barnsey70

very good starting side mate  9/10 !!
and i like your theory !

check my side out pal

Scalabrine

Very well balanced team, i also like the mids 3-3 structure so hopefully you pick the right rookies :) 9/10

BigBob

I seem to be pressing 'substitute' in my dreams at night too. Bloody SC!
And yes, I'm tanking a round to win my league too. Same gig. Just need to decide which one. If I was aiming at overall I'd never get any sleep!

coolfugitiv0

If you were going for overall, you'd have no chance.
But because it's league, this could definitely work. Nice idea tor, very nice idea.

You'd have to be pretty stiff with injuries to not be in contention for finals this year!

johnnytheboy1

Backs: You have too many backs with the bye in Round 13 i would be looking at downgrading Fisher to Broughton.
Mids: Your mids are good enough.
Rucks: It all depends whether Redden is the Starting Ruck and is named in the Rd1 Side.
Fwds: Good depth here as well.

Overall Your team has 13 gun players which is what you need to win your league as for overall you need to have the odd unique.
I give you an 8.5/10

tor01doc

johnnyboy, mayte.

Unique. I'll give you unique.

Show me another team that has 13 players sharing round 13 bye and 13 premiums!

I think you've missed the masterstroke of my strategy - I am tanking round 13 to save the need for bye donuts in rounds 11 and 12, no need for sideways trading, more flexibility in who I can trade in between now and round 13.

I am not silly enough to think I can win a car, but I can beat my mates - again (if any are reading this)!

Marching towards finals with stacks of trades up my sleeve.

Woo hoo.