Rory Sloane VS Scott Selwood

Started by D.Zanetti, March 10, 2012, 11:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Zanetti

All the talk is about having the Crows' new Midfield Gun in Rory this year as a potential DT Star, "underpriced" at 429k he could prove excellent value if he goes on to average the 100ppg many are expecting of him.
  But if I was going for a player in that price range I couldn't go past Scotty Selwood, who's only 2k more expensive, obviously from great DT stock, has the same bye, more match experience, has a massive tackle count so may pull a Redden if he can lift his possession count as his coaches have openly encouraged.. not sure why all the hype is over Sloane, but hey, not forcing anyone to have Scooter  8)

Justin Bieber

Zombie2.5

Rory has more upside and id rather get gaff, lucas or caddy instead of scotty selwood. sloane is a gun playing for CROWS with a good draw and looks like improving.

dubizzy

everyone paid out mr Dubizzy when i said he was in my midfield back in january. everyone can suck it, he gonna dominate

Phasir

well scotty racked up 120 nice points in their match tonight.. if no one wants him I'll take him..  8)

BC2010

Had S.Selwood last year - he makes a great M6.

Slap

I must admit, the one thing that worries me about Scott Selwood is that fact that he plays a tagging role from time to time.  I do not doubt his ability - and should he get unleashed I'd imagine he'd go gangbusters.  At the present time, my gut says Sloane if I had to pick from the two.  But because I don't have to for my own team, I have picked neither.  I prefer spending big bucks like that on guaranteed performers.

Windigo

Always thought Scott Selwood might take the next step this year. But his too expensive for my liking.

Plastic Boy

Quote from: Slap on March 11, 2012, 04:31:36 AM
I must admit, the one thing that worries me about Scott Selwood is that fact that he plays a tagging role from time to time.  I do not doubt his ability - and should he get unleashed I'd imagine he'd go gangbusters.  At the present time, my gut says Sloane if I had to pick from the two.  But because I don't have to for my own team, I have picked neither.  I prefer spending big bucks like that on guaranteed performers.

+ 1

I cant see Sloane becoming a Mid that I want in my team come the end of the season so I'd rather fork out the cash and get a proper premo to keep all year.

D.Zanetti

Quote from: BC2010 on March 10, 2012, 11:47:35 PM
Had S.Selwood last year - he makes a great M6.
+1 his 114 in the GF was rather handy  8)

me

once woosha stops using scooter as a tagger he will average 115... however i would take sloane as you know he won't be inhibited by tagging duties

D.Zanetti

with McGinnity in the team and getting better at the run with role, it could be this year that Scooter gets free run at the footy, they also have Adam who could/has done the tagging role pretty damn well

Dudge

i took Scotty a couple of years ago because of his breeding. But he,s becoming more relevent  now no doubt. Rory done nothing wrong either,improving all the time= for me it, s a fiddy cent peice and make a call

D.Zanetti

There's been talk of the Eagles going with an attacking midfield this year (no tagging role) which would open Scott up for the free-flowing points game he can play, that 120points isn't irregular for him, and it was also in a shorter form of the game, 12 minute quarters instead of 20 for game time of roughly 25 minute quarters instead of 35, either way this guy's in my team.. guess it could very well hurt my scores but I've got faith in the guy raising his average & he's someone I'm very happy to have as my 5th/6th mid at seasons end  ;D

mdub

Shouldnt the question be rocky or sloane???