No money left!!!

Started by plugger36, March 10, 2012, 10:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plugger36

Heres my team:

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Enright, Waters, Hargrave, Ellis (Brown, Mangan)

Centres: Ablett, Swan, Boyd, Magner, Gibson, McDonald (Kerridge, Yeo)

Rucks: Cox, Reddan (stephenson, pattionson)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Harvey, Martin, NROO, porps, d.smith (smeldts, dell"olio

Money: $900

Went for this structure as realised there ant alot of decent rookies 113k in the backs and forwards so made porps and hargrave my 6th for and def

thoughts???

Big_Cox14

Looking at your structure, you've only got one premium ruck. This is all well and good if at least 1 of your other rucks plays consistently. I know that a lot of teams are employing this strategy but the risk is that you're exposing yourself to a donut in the second ruck position if the rookies chosen don't play consistently.

There are a few rookies in the def line that could play regurlarly IMO. E.g Wilkes, Darley, Bugg, B Ellis, Morris to name a few. I think you've spent too much in the defence line and could better spend that by downgrading one of your premiums to a rookie and upgrade one of your rookie rucks to a premium.

johnnytheboy1

Back Waters Could be a great unique pick played well last night had 106 SC pts last night.
Mids: Looks strong enough just need to check whether Magner injury is only minor.
Rucks. Will reddan be the No1 Ruck at port. I would replace pattinson who i can't see him getting games  with Bailey & Hale in the team.Fwds: This is your strength as you only have 1 fwd Rookie.

Overall The only weakness you really have is at 2nd ruck and maybe Dangerfield instead of NROO. But as you only have $900.00 there is not much move for improvement. Ther option is to downgrade NROO and upgrade Pattinson.Your team 12 guns one more would be ideal. I give your team an 8/10

SonsOfZeus

Quote from: johnnytheboy1 on March 11, 2012, 01:30:52 PM
Back Waters Could be a great unique pick played well last night had 106 SC pts last night.
Mids: Looks strong enough just need to check whether Magner injury is only minor.
Rucks. Will reddan be the No1 Ruck at port. I would replace pattinson who i can't see him getting games  with Bailey & Hale in the team.Fwds: This is your strength as you only have 1 fwd Rookie.

Overall The only weakness you really have is at 2nd ruck and maybe Dangerfield instead of NROO. But as you only have $900.00 there is not much move for improvement. Ther option is to downgrade NROO and upgrade Pattinson.Your team 12 guns one more would be ideal. I give your team an 8/10

where can you find the SC for nab cup games?

plugger36

Ive taken on the advice and now looks like:

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Enright, Hargrave, Tomlinson, Ellis (Brown, Wilkes)

Centres: Ablett, Swan, Boyd, Magner, Gibson, McDonald (Kerridge, Clifton)

Rucks: Cox, Mumford (stephenson, Campbell)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Harvey, Goodes, porps, d.smith, Hampton (smeldts, couch)

Cash: $3k

thoughts

nicw98

Pretty good team. First o all change Campbell to Giles or Redden. Not a fan of Enright and Harvey. Maybe change Harvey to Martin and Enright to Birchall. If you don't have the cash downgrade Mumford to Hmac. 7.8/10