hopefully my team to start the year

Started by corzer03, March 10, 2012, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corzer03

this is my team at the moment what do you guys think?

Def: Deledio, h. shaw, birchall, broughton, hargrave, clarke, ellis (smedts, bugg)

Mids: Pendlebury. ablett, selwood, cotchin, mcdonald, magner, (kavanagh, gibson)

Rucks: Mcintosh, Maric (giles, stephenson)

Fowards: Franklin, goodes, fyfe, martin, dangerfield, cameron, kerridge (hall, couch)

$26,300 left

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Your no1 defender should be Goddard & not Deledio who has been injured & may not score as well early on.
Mids Looks Solid enough with Cotchin being a nice Unique pick.
Rucks: Do you think Maric will score as well as the likes of  Cox, Mumford,  Mcevoy or Leunberger. i think he will average 70.
Fwds: Looks very strong with Dangerfield at F5

Overall: Your team is looking great in most areas except the ruck  i rate this team a 7/10

mifkin

I agree with Johnny, lose Maric for someone else.

Why no Goddard?

corzer03

okay so i made a couple of changes to my team: changes are in bold

Def: Deledio, h. shaw, birchall, hargrave, clarke, ellis, bugg (smedts, Darley)

Mids: Pendlebury. ablett, selwood, cotchin, caddy, magner, (kavanagh, gibson)

Rucks: cox, Maric (giles, stephenson)

Fowards: Franklin, goodes, fyfe, martin, dangerfield, cameron, kerridge (hall, couch)

And i decided to not go goddard as i already have lids and birchall with the round 13 bye

BlueMad

Quote from: corzer03 on March 11, 2012, 03:32:16 PM
okay so i made a couple of changes to my team: changes are in bold

Def: Deledio, h. shaw, birchall, hargrave, clarke, ellis, bugg (smedts, Darley)

Mids: Pendlebury. ablett, selwood, cotchin, caddy, magner, (kavanagh, gibson)

And i decided to not go goddard as i already have lids and birchall with the round 13 bye
Looks like a fairly solid team

Doesnt matter that much that you dont have Goddard he's similar to a Shaw or a Birchall, you'll be hoping Clarke pays off but for what he's worth you have to look at him

Solid mids, Pendles maybe a bit too much andyou could save money by getting a Murphy, Swan or Priddis instead. But then again he's defintly worth it with what he pulls out. Caddy i've had in and out on my side, didnt see enough Pre-Season to keep him in but for a No.7 (i think) draft pick he has to fire soon. Hoping Magner plays Round 1 and isnt setbacked, because I hear in his VFL/Junior years he was averaging about 90-100 a game.

Can't fault Cox after last night, not many people gone with him as hes the most expensive ruck but hes defintly worth it. How much $$ do you have maybe go Kruezer instead of Maric, he'll play but he can play like a muppet and pull out dud scores.

Solid fwd line aswell, Danger looks to be not a bad pick if he is consistent and Kerridge is the only one I would be tinkering, wait for Round 1 teams, theres a lot of fwd rookies that could get a game.

Overall seems decent and set. 8.75/10

corzer03

i was thinking maybe clarke to a rookie and maybe caddy as well to a rookie but i don't know if it's worth it cause unless maric averages 100 he won't stay in my side

corzer03

This is better i reckon:

Def: Deledio, h. shaw, birchall, hargrave, spurr, ellis, bugg (smedts, Darley)

Mids: Pendlebury. ablett, selwood, cotchin, caddy, d. smith, (magner, gibson)

Fowards: Franklin, Pav, fyfe, martin, dangerfield, cameron, kerridge (hall, couch)