too many hawks?

Started by almax, March 08, 2012, 10:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almax

...or what else have i overlooked in this first draft?

thanks for any help in advance.

tor01doc

Can never have too many Hawks.

Birchall is solid. Hodge could be a great POD. Buddy is a must. Rioli could fire and blitz them but he is the most erratic of your 4 Hawks.

I saw one team that did have too many Hawks - it had Shoenmakers. Just one, but that is too many.

I think your defence is as weak as any posted. If Lake and Hargrave don't fire, you're well behind from the start. Also Clarke hasn't looked cherry ripe and they're talking up Yagmoor ($106600).

Too strong in the mids with not enough cash cow types.

Kreuzer is not for me. Too middling.

Rioli - see above - the other 3 fine but again Porps as F5 a bit down on other teams posted.

Jiggle a bit and see what you can do if you lose say Murphy or Hodge for a rookie. You'll have cash to upgrade a defending Bullldog.

bindas123

No such thing as too many hawks..Although Cyril will mostly play forward so you are hoping for a high impact game from him every week! another 8k and you can get Chappy..
You are starting with 12 premiums which i don't think is enough...so maybe convert Lake and Clarke combo to a premium and a base ...if you need more cash downgrade porps to D Smith

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Are very thin You should only have one of Lake or Hargrave watch the nab cup game on Sunday and then decide.
Mids: Another team with Dylan Shiel who has been in a moonboot because of injury You should alo downgrade gaff to a rookie so you upgrade either Lake or Hargrave to a Premium.Must have at least 2 cash cows on the Field.
Rucks: Kreuzer could be also upgrade with what money is left over.as he is not going to be the No1 ruck at the Blues.
Fwds: The problem here will come during the Hawks bye week otherwise you are looking good as you will cop a donut unless you find a mid DPP.

Overall Your team has some problems up back and will be effected by the round 13 bye week. i give it a 7/10

almax

great and informative responses, thanks guys! time for some tweaking..

cortez

Quote from: bindas123 on March 09, 2012, 08:14:41 AM
No such thing as too many hawks..Although Cyril will mostly play forward so you are hoping for a high impact game from him every week! another 8k and you can get Chappy..
You are starting with 12 premiums which i don't think is enough...so maybe convert Lake and Clarke combo to a premium and a base ...if you need more cash downgrade porps to D Smith

Rioli is set to play midfield this year. idk where you info that he will play forward...

bindas123

Rioli is set to play midfield this year. idk where you info that he will play forward...
[/quote]

How much do you know about the hawks midfield ?
Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge, Shiels, Izi, bateman, Savage, Burgoyne and Lewis...and you think Clarko will risk another injury to rioli by playing him mid ? he might go through it when the game is tight but won't happen alot!

Capper

everyone is meant to be playing more time in the midfield this year, just pick everyone

cortez

We'll  see what happens. Rioli is top 3 players at hawthorn and if avaliable and fit will be one of the first picked in their mids. i laugh at some of those names thst you are saying will get more midfield time than rioli and ill be laughing even more when he is averaging 110+

cortez

Oh wait he cant be a good pick cause the majority of people on this site dont have him. gee i would hate to have my.own opinion actually pick someone thats not one of  the popular picks. what would i be thinking...