My turn please.

Started by tor01doc, March 08, 2012, 11:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

B: Goddard / Shaw / Birchall / Broughton / Adcock - Smedts / Morris / Darley / Bugg
M: GAJ / Swan / Jelwood - D Smith / Yeo / Magner / Gibson
R: Leue / McEvoy - Redden / Giles
F: Buddy / Fyfe / Martin / NRoo / Danger - Treloar / Cameron / Weedon / Kerridge

Hardly any cash left over.

Rookies obviously subject to what transpires between now and then.

Thanks for your considered opinions.

m-ry

B: are very strong. depends on broughton role in the team
C: 3 and 3 but of the 3 premo 2 share the same bye round
R: very strong but are they both going  to end up in the top 3 (cox, mummy, sandy)
F: like it a lot just not nroo but thats my opinion

8.5-9 /10

tor01doc

Thanks.

Wrt NRoo  I look at the 2 either side of him (Stokes Gian and Kennedy Nahas) and it fills me with confidence about value for money.

Reckon Selwood is great value, GAJ a must and one of the pies vital.

Bye planning is a tough one for all of us.

m-ry

nroo is good thinking if your looking at it that way. players around for same cash. selwood is great opinion GAJ like you said is a must and 1 pie is what everyone is saying. \swan not looking as sharp and prev years plus high price for that fact alone and i believe both will drop in price just depends on how much
looking at having swan or pendles before round 10 then another after their bye

felsty

hey you, its me!

B: solid love the adcock pick ;)
M: love at first sight
R: A. A+ for adding redden
F: rooey will stink it up :P so thats how you got adcock into your 5th defender! :O

9.999/10 so close but just not good enough

tor01doc

You are too kind feisty.

NRoo might rhyme with Poo but there will be no stinking it up, he'll be sticking it up those who dare doubt him.

Or I hope so. I could always go HMc and upgrade him?

Just send me a copy of your team so I can copy 100%.

V23

You've only listed seven midfielders, who's your eigth?

Defence: Good - Adcock can be injury prone and also inconsistent with his scores, nice point of difference but could cause headaches later on.

Midfield: Very good - Sound strategy with three premiums and you've selected good rookies to mitigate the risk.  Swan (and Pendlebury) is overpriced for mine, personally will look to bring him in when he drops in price, assuming his output is consistent with 2011.

Ruck: Good - Are you planning on keeping those two until the end?  Most people will probably end up with two of Cox, Mumford, Sandilands, Goldstein so unless these two can match it with them, you'll have to upgrade.

Forward: Good - Everyone's jumping off N. Riewoldt this year so if he fires you'll have a nice point of difference.  Dangerfield is threatening to have a breakout season so there's value in that pick.

8.5/10

If you'd like to return the favour and rate my team it would be appreciated - http://tinyurl.com/supercoach-team.

tor01doc

Yes good point - eighth mid could be Seb Ross / Cunningham / McDonald or whichever rookie looks safest.

Going 3 mid premiums to hopefully cash up and allow a set and forget ruck line.

Well spotted.

felsty

YOU COULD GET H.MAC IN!.... couldnt you  ;D
do it. you know you want to. i mean look at his preseason. faultless. brad scott says that he has firmed in his mind. probably other parts of his body too. i know i have.

you have swayed me to get your midfield. thanks!

fever

looks strong with some nice PODs man

ben_020285

Nice team, doctor.

BACKS: Broughton & Adcock my only worries here. I reckon Heppell & Newman would look better.

MIDS: Nice but with both Swan and Selwood there it will mean that you can't have Pendlebury till after the byes and I for one want to get him in earlier than that.

RUCKS: Perfect.

FWDS: Martin is a better upgrade target as he doesn't play well against good sides and the Tigers have an extremely tough draw at the start of the season. N Roo is a worry too. I just cant see him getting back to his high scoring ways of the past and I reckon he's priced at around about where he's at, maybe he'll just get past a 90 average.

Great setup though, no doubt. Just a few player selections that I personally wouldn't go with.

8.89/10

felsty

Do yourself a favour and get hmac.. It will give you the cash you know you want to upgrade those few players with question marks over there heads ;)

tor01doc

You and your boyfriend are killing me.

HMc hey? A lot of cash free and that just means more time sitting here getting a hunched back.

tor01doc

A few adjustments. More advice or comments welcome.

Goddard Shaw Birchall Adcock Hepell Hargrave  Darley Smedts Bugg

Ablett Murphy Selwood  Pfeiffer Hampton Gibson Magner (finger) Cunningham H

McEvoy McINTOSH Giles Redden

Franklin Fyfe Martin Sidebottom Dangerfield Porps  Cameron Kerridger Hall

I am thinking one of Hargrave, McIntosh or Porplyzia will fire enough to keep. Danger is a keeper.

So 15 keepers (felsty).

Cheers and avagoodweekend.

felsty

nice backline! birchall over deledio is an interesting one... would save me money to use on my rookies... hmmm
mids is awesome, although i have doubts on pfeiffer, still a very good line, damn magner wrecking everyones plans!!
MY RUCKS! where did you get them from? :P
i was actually looking at your forward line to have but i cant bring myself to have two on the cusp of premium status plus porpy!
9.08/10 very nice!!