Please rate my latest. Nearly there ( or am I?)

Started by no eye deer, March 08, 2012, 10:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no eye deer

Backs- Goddard, Dels, Shaw, Burgoyne, Hargrave, Smedts, Morris ( brown, Wilkes)

Mids- GAJ, Murphy, Pridddis, Jellwood, Gaff, Neale ( Magner, Gibson)

Rucks- Cox, Stephenson, (Giles, Redden)

Fwds- Buddy, Goodes, Fyfe, Gray, Porps, Pfieffer, Hampton ( Hall, Dell' Ollio)

$25000 in kitty.

Not sold on Gray, but can't really see anyone else appealing for under $525,100 (  Zaharakis??)

All comments, ratings, advice and slagging off appreciated!

DCAK

Hi mate, here's what I think about your team:

DEF: Is Smedts gonna get a game? I presume Brown is the Crows player, if so he's not getting a run as yet?
MID: Don't like Murphy as M2. The rest is good.
RUCK: 1 Prem ruck theory eh... time will tell.
FWD: Don't like Gray, I would definitely take Zaha over him. Hall - Injured, Dell' Olio - Not playing.

Like the rest of us you just need to sort out your rookie choices. I would think that with the money you've saved by running the 1 prem ruck theory your team should be stronger overall. 7/10.

tor01doc

No slagging off until the season starts.

Same old dilemma with round 13 backs. Poor fixturing having all the better defenders sharing that bye. Demetriou needs a smack.

I'd be trying to get a keeper from one of Ade / Bris / Roos / WCE / WB / GWS (ha) in my defence for balance.

Burgoyne not on my radar despite DPP and Hawks being certainties as he can drift out a bit at times.

Still think a hot pie is needed in mids.

Ruck 2 too weak I think.

Forwards - maybe Danger and get rid of Porps and Gray. What about Adams?

no eye deer

Burgoyne out Johncock in,  Hargrave out B. Smith in, Gray out Adams in. Would have loved to get Alcock, but he's about 15 grand out of my price range. Maybe downgrade Porps?

FactHunt

Quote from: DCAK on March 08, 2012, 11:07:20 AM
Hi mate, here's what I think about your team:

DEF: Is Smedts gonna get a game? I presume Brown is the Crows player, if so he's not getting a run as yet?
MID: Don't like Murphy as M2. The rest is good.
RUCK: 1 Prem ruck theory eh... time will tell.
FWD: Don't like Gray, I would definitely take Zaha over him. Hall - Injured, Dell' Olio - Not playing.

Like the rest of us you just need to sort out your rookie choices. I would think that with the money you've saved by running the 1 prem ruck theory your team should be stronger overall. 7/10.

Dont like Murphy at M2? Only cos better at M1?!?! Murphy's previous seasons aves include: '11 118.0 from 22 games, '10 111.9 from 21 games, '09 112.9 from 22 games... The guy if a SC freak...  Of his last 65 games he scored over 100 55 times and in the 90s for four of those other ten games. AND he's still improving! (dont get me wrong, i am a bombers fan and would love to slag a blue... But i love sc and this guy is straight into my starting line-up!)
Also.. I dont mind Gray as a smokey... He is risky with his injury history, but can score very well and consistently when fit.

no eye deer

Yeah mate, Murphy's locked. Was tossing up between him and Del Santo, but been convinced otherwise. Still not sure on Gray. Just worried about how much of the ball he will see playing for Port.

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Looks pretty solid Johncock hopefully will score well enough to be worth a D4 position. I would like at B.Ellis instead
of Wilkes.
Mids: 4 premium mids is superp but You Should downgrade Gaff to a rookie e.g Miles,Smith, Tyson
Rucks If you are going to have a rookie on the field go with Giles. But i think you will lose points here that is why you at least need Mcintosh in this team.
Fwds: Will Leigh Adams score enough points to be worthwhile to have in your team he is certainly a unique pick. Apart from that your forward line is looking ok

Overall This team has certainly improved from the first one should do alright it has if you count burgoyne it has 12 premiums. Igive this team a 7.5/10

no eye deer

After another blinder last night, (Dangerfield not me!) I don't think I can leave him out. Thinking Deledio is now an upgrade target so.....

Def- Gods, Shaw, Newman, Adcock,  Smith,B, Morris, Wlkes, (Smedts, Brown)

Mids- GAJ, Murf, Priddis, Selwood, Smith, Neale, ( Magner, Gibson)

Rucks- Cox, Giles, ( Redden, Stephenson)

Fwds- Buddy, Fyfe, Goodes, Gray, Danger,  Pfeiffer, Hampton ( Hall, Dell' Ollio)

Obviously rookies will change.

Can't wait for the season to start so I can stop changing everything ten times a day!!! :P

tor01doc

Better than 24 hours and who knows how many changes ago.

Not seen much of B Smith. If you think so then good backs with balance.

Agree Lids for later. Problem with Newman though is you might be better off getting Lids after round 13 which is a long way off and he may well have bottomed out a way before then.

Wilkes?

Strong mids (but who's going to get the hitouts to them in your team?)

Not sold on Gray. Sidebottom continues knocking at my door - you know the door with 'Chief Selector' on it.

Would free up a bit of cash which will be handy when the rookies we pick don't get regular games!

Nice but ruck strategy worries me - it will cost you at least one trade extra.

no eye deer

Maybe downgrade  Gray to Christianson and free up a heap of cash. Also undecided between Newman and Birchell?

tor01doc

Re Birchall v Newman - my thinking is Delidio will be a must eventually so 2 Tigers could be a risk as they're not a top team. Hawthorn are going to be good again (hoping) and chip chip chip it around. Richmond's draw is tougher early as well. Both solid choices.

Gray out for a ruckman?  :D

upthemaidens

"dont like murphy at M2"  ha that did make me laugh..  whom would u rather have, leigh mathews?

tor01doc

no eye deer

Quote from: tor01doc on March 10, 2012, 02:05:34 PM
Nice call 'upthe'.

Maybe Gray to Porps?

Yeah, have been tossing that up as well, had him in an earlier side and looked the goods last night. Would certainly free up a sh!tload of cash!

no eye deer

Version 1,485,432!  :)

Gods, Shaw, Birchall, Adcock, B Smith, Ellis, Morris ( Smedts, Yagmoor)

GAJ, Murfs, Priddis, Sellwood, D Smith, Kavanagh, ( Magner, Gibson)

Cox, Giles, ( Redden, Stephenson)

Buddy, Goodes, Fyfe, Danger, Porps, Pheiffer, Hampton, (Hall, Couch)

$270,000 in bank.

Yes, I know Magners injured, just awaiting the outcome. That's the reason I dropped Neale.  :(

Stiil thinking about Hargrave for B Smith.

Where should I spend my remaining funds? Would like to keep 10 to 20 grand for juggling rookies in the next couple of weeks.