How's it looking?

Started by cortez, March 08, 2012, 10:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

I think it is well structured with 5-3-1-5. Have decided to go with the 3 mids just cause there is so much talent in tbe rooks this year. not minding about the byes. if im in with a chance ill deal with that then. so to my point, How is it looking? :-)

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, S. Fisher, G. Broughton, B. Ellis, S. Morris (B. Smedts, L. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, S. Clifton, T. Ledger, D. Shiel (J. McDonald, J. Magner)
RUC: S. Mumford, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Pavlich, C. Rioli, D. Martin, D. Smith, D. Pfeiffer (D. Zorko, C. Hampton)
CASH LEFT: $10,100

tor01doc

B: I know you know about the Rnd 13 bye situation and that you will hopefully have Ellis and Morris upgraded by then, but what if one of the Tiger cubs does really well. 2 donuts right there. Would get rid of Fisher. Add Cock? Round 11.

M: How did see my 3 premiums? Nice.

R: Still think you need more here.

F: 3 round 13 bye boys. I think you need to take a punt on a slightly cheaper couple here and or down back to strengthen ruck 2 and think a bit more about the bye.

If you're going for league then you'll surely lose that round with at least 3 donuts. A bit of planning can drop it to 2 and ideally 1.

The only way around that the way you've set up is to burn a lot more trades than you need to.

Otherwise nice selections.

cortez

If Reddwn gets early games i think thr 1/3 ruck structure will work well with one of my first upgrades prob being cox. And for the byes byes like i said i dont care about them, just picking the best players avaliable. I'm thinking about the 20 rounds not affected by the byes not the 3 that are.

cortez

cortez

burner11

Shiel, Zorko, Morris and Brown havn't been named this week in NAB, bit risky those 4 atm

cortez

not really worrying about rookies atm. just in to fill spots atm. wikl be finishing them off when teams are named round 1 ;-)

tor01doc

Hi.

Don't know why you'd be keen on both Goddard and Fisher. A bit messy for mine.

Same for Buddy and the delicious one and Fyfe 'n' Pav.

Surely diversification is better.

Need another ruckman too Cortez.

Best of luck.

cortez

Quote from: tor01doc on March 09, 2012, 01:11:39 AM
Hi.

Don't know why you'd be keen on both Goddard and Fisher. A bit messy for mine.

Same for Buddy and the delicious one and Fyfe 'n' Pav.

Surely diversification is better.

Need another ruckman too Cortez.

Best of luck.

What are your reasons for having god & fish, Buddy & rioli, Pav & Fyfe?
As far as im concerned God and fisher will both be in top 7 backs by years end so why not pick them?
Same with Buddy and rioli. we all know how good buddy is and if rioli can stay fit he will absolutely kill it!
Lastly we have Pav and fyfe. Are both of these capable of being top 7 forwards? most definately. Will they be fop 7? pronably. so why wouldnt you.pick them?
and the rucks... what is wrong with the  1/3 ruck structure?
the problem with people like you is if you had your way every team would be the same. the same structures and the same players with a couple of differences. you got to look at a team on its merits. i can not wait to show you that you dont.need your game plan to do well.
best of luck to you too ;-)

bindas123

the problem with getting two premiums from the same team(especially mid tier teams) is that if they lose half their games, often there is only one player that scores more than 100 points. and if you are lucky enough for that player to be one of your two premiums,,,you are still playing catch up on the other...which is why Pendles and Swan or Selwood and Bartel are the only two double combo I'd recommend!

cortez

Quote from: bindas123 on March 09, 2012, 09:15:13 AM
the problem with getting two premiums from the same team(especially mid tier teams) is that if they lose half their games, often there is only one player that scores more than 100 points. and if you are lucky enough for that player to be one of your two premiums,,,you are still playing catch up on the other...which is why Pendles and Swan or Selwood and Bartel are the only two double combo I'd recommend!

Ah ok so does that mean that if you have fyfe you cant have sandi or if you have deledio you cant have martin or even if you have god you cant have dal?

bindas123

no you can't ...not from the start anyway..if Freo has a good draw (like they do in the last 4 rounds) then you are ok to have multiple premiums...which is why you need to plan your trades ...

cortez

so atm i have 14 prems and you think i should have them from 14 different teams even tho there are better prems if you double up? those 14 prems from 14 different teams will still have down games tho since there are other prems in those teams too.

bindas123

Selwood, enright...Shaw and Swan,,,(Two each from gun teams)
Cox
Sandi
Thompson
Swallow
Ablett
Buddy
Goodes
Goddard
Deledio
Boyd..

see that wasn't hard was it ?

cortez

so your midfield will be starting with selwood, Swan, Boyd, Swallow, Thompson and ablett and two rookies? thats a pretty strong midfield.