Opinion on my current team (subject to change)

Started by Crowbot_85, March 07, 2012, 11:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowbot_85

Hey all, would you please be kind enough to rate my team and give me some advice. This is just a rough draft of me team but to be honest, I'm pretty happy with it.

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Enright, Johncock, Lake, Clarke, Darley (Docherty, Ellis)

Midfield: Pendlebury, Ablett, Thompson, Coniglio, Shiel, Magner (McDonald, Mitchell)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Beams, Martin, Porplyzia, Hall (D. Smith, Hampton)

All opinions welcome!

MC

Martin as F5 is a luxury that I personally cannot justify, especially give the deficiencies in your rucks in particular.
I's suggest  Chapman/Beams to a rookie, and upgrade Redden/Stephenson to a prem like Luenberger just for a bit more balance.

Rest of your team seems spot on.
Cheers.

fever

i disagree with MC on the ruck issue, i think a 1-3 policy could just work this year.

not a huge fan of johncock, i think his best is behind him.

Ringo

Very solid team.
Just select rookies that are playing in Round 1 when named. A few of yours are doubtful with injury Docherty, Shiel, Hall and some wtill need to be elevated from rookie list magner for one. Select based on form you may find a similar performing mid like Coniglio at a cheaper price.
Back: Johncock may be a nice unique if he can rediscover his 2010 form with a new coach.
Mids: Just Personal but prefer swan to Pendles initially mainly due to the fact his B/e is around 130 and as a result may decrease in value initially targeting as upgarde when he bottoms ouit.- Similar to Ablett last year. (How many coached upgraded to him when he was in the low $500k,s). Will free up about$70k as well.
Forwards: Goodes, Chapman and Beams share Round 12 bye No worries if happy to take the compulsory donut. Not a real lot of alternatives though as you have to select someone with Round 11 bye based on your structure assuming Martin is a keeper. Boomer and dare I say his name Higgins appear as only considerations.
I am seriously looking at the same Ruck as yourselves but playing Reddan on the ground given he will be Ports number 1 ruck initially with injury to Lobbe. With adopting this structure enables you to have prems on other lines eg Martin as F5

Rate this team 8.5/10 

Crowbot_85

I appreciate that in-depth review Ringo. Love it. I totally agree with what you said about my rookies. I am looking into it now.