The Lovepelicans

Started by lovepelican, August 13, 2009, 10:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovepelican

Well the season is over. Despite scoring the most points in my league, I finished 6th, and despite scoring the second highest score last week, you guessed, I was playing the highest scoring team (who incidently was the 13th highest scorer in our league. ie a jammy bugger). Anyway, this is how it started and finished. Any comments, especially re: strategy for next year much appreciated:

Start B: Goddard , Fisher, Adcock, Cornes, Raines, Malceski, Hill (Broughton, Suban)

Goddard has starred. Broughton has proven to be a gun, and Suban and Hill did their bit. Adock and Cornes were ok until injuries struck and the less said about Raines and Malshowerski the better. Fisher dissapointing, but until last week at least was playing! Purgoyne worst trade (he came and went).

Finish B: Goddard, Fisher, Enright, Newman, Drummond, Hargrave, Broughton (Grima, Pearce)

Start C: Judd, Gibbs, Corey, Selwood, Masten, Rich (Otten, Anthony)

Other than Masten, who dissapointed, and no ablett (big mistake) not too bad in retrospect. Muston only "bad" trade!!

Finish C: Judd, Gibbs, Corey, Dal Santo, Ablett, Selwood, (Muston, Anthony)

Start R: Cox, Kreuzer (White, Jacobs)

Finish R: HMac, Kreuzer (Clarke, Jacobs)

Cox is a gun, HMac has been ok. Kreuzer has also been steady.

Start F: Pav,Brown, Lids, Higgins, Roughie, Skipworth, Krakouer (Walker, Brown)

Finish F: Pav, Roo, Goodwin (late change for Chapman), Lids, Brown, Neon, Roughie (Walker, Ballan9)

Other than Roughie who has been disappointing, the rest have done their bit. Higgins the stand out before his injury. Walker as cover for Roo last week has guaranteed he won't be gracing the Lovepelicans team again any time soon!

Well, lets hope it goes better next year!! Comments appreciated.

freezer

Bit stiff to be knocked out, you ended up with a solid team. What did you score in your loss?

MiGZ

consider yourself extremely unlucky to get knocked out. that team is very good. what is your competition overall ranking?

lovepelican

I got 2000 and league ranking is 88.

I am in top 1000 now!! Top 300 in DT and 7th in Yahoo!!

Blueboys

Unlucky, your team is a good one!

Good luck for next year!!!

CFC 1979

2000 last week would have won probably 70% of matches with the outs. You are stiff.

My strategy - try and get into an easier league. Your players are solid

lovepelican

Another 2400+ score, and the highest in the league again. Not that I am bitter or anything!! Roll on 2010