What do you reckon?

Started by quinny88, March 06, 2012, 03:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Ive gone for the guns and rookies approach this year! I think it looks pretty good.
I know my choice of Nroo will be criticized however i really think that he will be up above the 100+ average as he was year in, year out prior to last year.
Rookies obviously could change a million times before round 1 but im pretty happy with them at the moment.

BACKS: B.GODDARD, B.DELEDIO, H.SHAW, G.BROGHTON, B.ELLIS, T.BUGG, B.SMEDTS (S.MORRIS, L.BROWN)

MIDS: G.ABLETT, D.SWAN, M.BOYD, J.SELWOOD, L.NEALE, D.SHIEL (J.MCDONALD, J.MAGNER)

RUCK: S.MUMFORD, M.LEUENBERGER (J.GILES, J.REDDEN)

FRWDS: L.FRANKLIN, A.GOODES, N.FYFE, N.RIEWOLDT, D.PFEIFFER, A.TRELOAR, D.ZORKO (A.HALL, T.COUCH)

$19,100 remaining

Coneous

Not much to criticize really, actually there is nothing at all.. Very sound, very safe team, pure guns and rookies with the standard strategy and the byes won't trouble you either.. Good team.

Could even describe it as a bit boring, but still a very good side :)

quinny88

Haha it is a bit boring but every time i stick my neck out and go for someone risky it turns sour so this year im playing it safe and seeing how that goes. No doubt i will miss out on some bargain mid price players but hopefully i also avoid some shockers

Coneous

Nah you are right, the percentage of bargain players that pay off each year is shocking, it's all about avoiding temptation, I will pick either lake or hargrave depending on who has a better nab cup and I may select porpoise... Other than that I am prems and rookies 100%, but I am running 3/3 mids, 1/3 rucks, 5/1/3 backs, 4/1/4 fwds..

quinny88

Yea ive had lake, hargrave, porpis, grimes, jbrown all in and out of my team through the pre season but in the end ive just given up as i cant decide on who may or may not fire.
I was also thinking of changing to a 1/3 ruck combination as i think there are some really strong ruck rookies that could build enough value to eventually trade around into someone like cox (cant afford him at the moment).
Wish they just gave us an extra 1m in the salary and all would be solved!

gotheroos!

Quote from: quinny88 on March 06, 2012, 03:13:00 PM
Ive gone for the guns and rookies approach this year! I think it looks pretty good.
I know my choice of Nroo will be criticized however i really think that he will be up above the 100+ average as he was year in, year out prior to last year.
Rookies obviously could change a million times before round 1 but im pretty happy with them at the moment.

BACKS: B.GODDARD, B.DELEDIO, H.SHAW, G.BROGHTON, B.ELLIS, T.BUGG, B.SMEDTS (S.MORRIS, L.BROWN)

MIDS: G.ABLETT, D.SWAN, M.BOYD, J.SELWOOD, L.NEALE, D.SHIEL (J.MCDONALD, J.MAGNER)

FRWDS: L.FRANKLIN, A.GOODES, N.FYFE, N.RIEWOLDT, D.PFEIFFER, A.TRELOAR, D.ZORKO (A.HALL, T.COUCH)

$19,100 remaining

thx for ur help with my team. urs is nice. but if anything, i'd downgrade leunberger to a rookie OR to macintosh. use the spare cash to upgrade one rookie in ur fwds and defence.

quinny88

Quote from: gotheroos! on March 06, 2012, 05:47:04 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 06, 2012, 03:13:00 PM

$19,100 remaining

thx for ur help with my team. urs is nice. but if anything, i'd downgrade leunberger to a rookie OR to macintosh. use the spare cash to upgrade one rookie in ur fwds and defence.

Thanks mate. Yea I could deffinetly go with a bit more strength in the backs and forwards but im going with a pure premium and rookie side so downgrading berger would only allow me to upgrade one of those positions to a premium and i think berger is probably gonna score as well as any other players i could put in the forwards or backs that i dont already have

fever

no obv flaws. roo at F4 is a gamble though.

quinny88

Quote from: fever on March 06, 2012, 07:02:59 PM
no obv flaws. roo at F4 is a gamble though.

He is a little bit but at that price range the other options are either sidey or danger and considering they have never averaged above low 80s in their career and nroo hasnt average below 105 in the past 6 or 7 years (appart from last season which was still better than danger and sidey) i think he is a bit of a steal