Please rate, don't worry too much about the rookies

Started by Blaircam, March 06, 2012, 02:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaircam

I know its still fairly early but I'm getting close to a line-up I like.
Let me know what you think - just a whisker under $100k in the bank:

Backs: Goddard; Scotland; Delidio; Broughton; Docherty; Smedts; Wilson (Brown; Wilkes)

Mids: Ablett; Judd; Mitchell; Bartel; Horsley; Neale (Magner; Gibson)

Ruck: Maric; McIntosh (Longer; Giles)

Forwards: Franklin; Goodes; Fyfe; Martin; Dangerfield; Smith; Rowe (Crozier; Dickson)

My thinking - I have a watchlist a mile long filled with rookies so that will take some tweaking before the first bounce-down.
I have picked Judd over Murphy because he's slightly cheaper and hopefully Murph will pick up the main tag
Similar thinking for picking Bartel over Selwood - I almost went with Chappy instead but Bartel's game the other night swayed me.
I originally had Orren S instead on H Mac but NAB swung me back.
I just have a feeling that Dangerfield is really going to smash this year...
Lots of my forwards are multi-position - this was because I was playing around with having 5 premium mids but because I could flip some into the forward line it gave me a little more room for mid rookies.

Well guys - have at it. Thanks.

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Good depth here i haven't seen Docherty started in many team. You have the 4 premium defence which is solid.
Mids: Very impressive mids. As i haven't seen Horsley play i cant comment on him. One of the teams that have left out Mcdonald.
Rucks: You don't have a premium ruck which could cause you to drop back if Maric dosen't score well.
Fwds: You have a well balanced forward line but i would replace rowe with Kerridge. Iagree with you about Dangerfield i think this is his year.

Overall: You have put alot of thought into this team and it is starting to pay off just need to fix up your Rucks and you will be right. Reddan may be May be a Better Pick than Longer. So good luck with this team i give it an 7.5/10

Blaircam

Thanks Johnny
I would love to have a premium ruck but it just didn't work. I couldn't choose a prem ruck for several reasons:
I like Cox but the price was a killer. Also I think that Nic Nat will carry more of the burden this year. Will look at Cox later in the year - he's unlikely to get much more expensive - much more likely to get cheaper.
I think Sandi will be 'managed' this season so unlikely to get the huge numbers of previous years and has more help to share the load too.
Mummy and Goldstein are both very pricey, Leuenberger just isn't worth it - blah, blah, blah.
Basically I spent my money elsewhere and think Maric and H Mac offer the most upside. But thanks for the feedback.

C.Judd3Votes

oldshepp

Speaking from experience of past seasons here - Maric will hurt you.  If you're steering away from a premo ruck then maybe consider Kreuzer?

I had Docherty but he seems to be off the radar at the moment, maybe a downgrade target

I still don't know about Danger.  He's been in and out of my side both as a mid and a fwd

Overall a good side - should be fairly consistent scorewise.  I would fix up the 1st ruck though

PICCOLLO

Not focussing on rookies, you have one major issue - rucks.  Way too risky!  Pick one of the two and look to upgrade the other.  Incidently, dont get sucked into bartel - he'll score just like he did last year.  Check his stats over last few years- not a top 10 mid.

tor01doc

Have to agree about a decent ruckman.  Ivan Idea Marisk not likely to be up to it.

Bartel - no thanks. Chapman for me.

Good luck.