VC early lockout loophole 2012

Started by Spite, March 05, 2012, 08:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

I know that VS wanted to stop this from happening, so they made sure that a C and a VC were selected in every starting team. The fact is, it is still possible by using a player such as Goodes as a VC and if you like his score, use a non playing rookie as a Captain otherwise just use Swanny etc

Obviously this would require you to start with a non playing rookie, but someone like zorko or even a GWS rookie might be an option.

I think they should lock captains in permanently from the early lockout - we have a VC is things go wrong for our C!!!

What do you think should be done, and will you exploit it if possible?

Justin Bieber

Might go Goodes as VC and see how he goes. Doesn't score 120 then probs hit it on GAJ (since there playing Adelaide), where as, Swan is playing Hawthorn.

Spite

Quote from: whatlez on March 05, 2012, 08:21:09 PM
Might go Goodes as VC and see how he goes. Doesn't score 120 then probs hit it on GAJ (since there playing Adelaide), where as, Swan is playing Hawthorn.

I'll take that as a "nothing should be done about it, and yes, I will be exploiting it" hahaha :P

Justin Bieber

Can't you put say Marc Murphy as VC and do the same thing?

Mozza3

It would have to take a Mummy 170+ score for me to consider selecting a non playing rookie.

pavs nose

won't be selecting rookies that arent playing round one. good idea tho. could pay off if with big googles!

Justin Bieber

If your desperate, you could put Bock as your captain.

Spite

Those starting with JZ could do it too

Adamant

owenbond007

ziebell and you can utilise him as the big C for 2 weeks.

Grannyboy

What's the cut off for keeping your vc though? 120, 130? I think I'll just stick with gaj the whole way and hope he plays a blinder as usual :D I hate to miss a 200+ trying to take advantage of it not to mention risking a doughy just in case someone doesn't play.

Grannyboy

So to actually answer your question, yes I think they should lock in captains from the first kick off if they don't want it happening.

henry

Another thing that is useful which I will do is out your GWS rookies as emergencies, and if they score well, put on the field someone who won't play. If you don't like their score, make sure all your starting 22 is in fact playing.

Disco

QuoteMight go Goodes as VC and see how he goes. Doesn't score 120 then probs hit it on GAJ (since there playing Adelaide), where as, Swan is playing Hawthorn.

I'll take that as a "nothing should be done about it, and yes, I will be exploiting it" hahaha

As long as the AFL are stupid enough to continue this one game starting a week ahead of the rest then exploit. Goodes VC for me

Grannyboy

It might be their site and their rules but meh it's our bloody teams and time. Until they lock this c/vc shower in from round 1 game 1 they can cram it in their cramholes. Stuff them, do what you want, after all it's THEIR RULES that allows this to happen. I will be exploiting if possible but it would be so much easier if they just locked em in game 1.