Please rate my latest side following week 2 of the NAB Cup

Started by ben_020285, March 05, 2012, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

BACKS: Goddard (MID), Scotland (MID), Deledio (MID), H Shaw, Hargrave, Bugg, Morris (Spurr, Darley)

MIDS: Ablett, Swan, Rockliff, Zorko (FWD), Shiel, L Brown (DEF) (Gibson, Magner)

RUCKS: McEvoy, Jacobs (Giles, Stephenson)

FWDS: Franklin, Goodes (MID), Pavlich (MID) Chapman (MID), Dangerfield (MID), Smedts (DEF), Hampton (MID) (Kerridge (MID), Hall)

$33,900 left

I've got the byes sorted so I'm ok with the 3 prems in the backline from round 13 byes and 3 prems in the forward line from round 12 byes.

Rookies are subject to change depending on round 1 availability.

Please rate and let me know what you think of my side. Cheers!

felsty

B: almost exactly the same as mine. so obviously perfect :P
M: again a strong line. massive fan of the 3prem startegy here. watch rockliff to see how he handles a tag.
R: you would be hoping both prem rucks up there average because there are a fair few players who can dish out bigger scores. in saying that rucks have been all over the place this preseason and i think these are 2 of the better performed
F: again great line.. interesting to see if danger can finally break out. dont let the weekend fool you they still have some mids to come back (thompson, NVB, etc.)

all in all a 8.435/10
strong line up just keep watching nab to see how players are progressing
if you have the time rate mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,49811.0.html

tor01doc

Nice.

That backline should kick goals if you know what I mean!

Rockliff could be a beauty but also a slight risk given Murphy, Priddis and a few others have been around a bit longer.

Rucks are a tiny bit of a worry as well. Yes could go bang but I would be pleased to play your team with my Mummy and Berger.

Forwards nice and I think an Adelaide forward is a good idea - Danger or maybe down to Porps and up rucks?

8.434/10 - I'm stingier than felsty.

ben_020285

Thanks for the comments fellas. Made a couple of changes and the team looks a lot stronger I reckon.

IN: Pendlebury, Leuenberger, Fyfe, Porplyzia

OUT: Rockliff, Jacobs, Chapman, Dangerfield

BACKS: Goddard (MID), Scotland (MID), Deledio (MID), H Shaw, Hargrave, Bugg, Morris (Spurr, Darley)

MIDS: Pendlebury, Ablett, Swan, Kerridge (FWD), Shiel, L Brown (DEF) (Gibson, Magner)

RUCKS: Leuenberger, McEvoy, (Giles, Stephenson)

FWDS: Franklin, Goodes (MID), Fyfe (MID) Pavlich (MID), Porplyzia, Smedts (DEF), Hampton (MID) (Cameron, Hall)

$66,200 left

Thoughts on this team?

felsty

yeah much much better
except pendleburys price should fall sometime during the year so you can always look to upgrade to him.. try boyd or selwood?

ben_020285

Made a couple of changes in bold

BACKS: Goddard (MID), Scotland (MID), H Shaw, Heppell, Hargrave, Bugg, Morris (Darley, Wilkes)

MIDS: Pendlebury, Ablett, Swan, Shiel, L Brown (DEF), Kerridge (FWD) (Gibson, Magner)

RUCKS: Cox, McEvoy, (Giles, Stephenson)

FWDS: Franklin, Goodes (MID), Fyfe (MID), Pavlich (MID), Porplyzia, Smedts (DEF), Hampton (MID) (Cameron, Hall)

$84,200 left.

In: Cox, Heppell
Out: Leuenberger, Deledio

There is almost no doubt that Cox will be the number 1 ruck in the competition again this year and there's no doubt that Heppell is a gun and is now bigger and stronger than last year. I think he can repeat what Fyfe did last year in his second year.

While I will have Deledio in my side eventually, I think that his limited pre-season and the Tigers tough draw at the start of the season means that he is the perfect upgrade target.

Thoughts on my latest side?

tor01doc

To be honest all your sides look pretty well balanced.

Your latest effort forces me to reply with...

B: Prefer Broughton or Birchall over Heppell. Like Lids as an upgrade target and wish I could fit Scotland into my team.
M: Swan over Pendles to start. Pendles will drop and I can't see him outscoring Swan by that much. And remember the money saved will improve another spot so more points there to offset possibility that Pendles kills it early.
R: Super strong. I agree with getting the big West Coaster in early if you can afford it.
F: Porps at F5 is your only glaring weakness - my F5 is Dangerfield.

I wonder about Pendles / Scotland / Porps out for say Broughton / Swan and a stronger F5. You'll have to do the maths but I reckon it could work. Of course only my opinion.

Good luck.

ben_020285

Thanks for the advice mate, appreciate it.

I'm just not too sure with Broughton as it's too hard to tell what role he will play this year. Birchall would be a great addition but that would mean that I would then have 3 players from the round 13 byes and I really want to bring in Deledio before the byes so with 4 players from the same bye round that would be too many. At least with Heppell, we know that he plays well off half back and he may even get more midfield time this year one would think.

I already have Swanny! I have both Pendles and Swan.

I would prefer Dangerfield over Porps but just cant come up with the extra $200,000 to bring him in without ruining the balance that I currently have.