Are we too worried about the Byes??

Started by chatters24, March 05, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

Up until now the byes have had absolutely no baring on my player selection. I thought just out of interest I would enter my team into a spread sheet to see where I'm at and I found that all of my players, apart from 5, have their bye in either Round 12 or 13. Now to most this would be crazy, however what is my option?? Shuffle some players around and swap some players who have a bye in Round 12 and 13 to players who have a bye in round 11? Now I'm just sacrificing the quality of my team just so my points are more evenly spread across rounds 11 to 13.

I have come to a conclusion. At the end of the day EVERY player will have to sit out a bye, and we WILL face don uts during these rounds. So that being said, why would I sacrifice picking players who I want in my team just because they don't have their bye on at the right time?

Just a thought...

felsty

this is exactly what i have thought the whole time
with a guns and rooks strategy im just getting in players who are in the top 5-10 of their lines, proven stars!
hopefully my team will be good enough that even if i lose 2-3 games during the byes ill still have a strong side that will dish out some big scores

penskifile

thats fine if your going for league win, but if your going for overall, too many donuts will cost you

chatters24

Quote from: penskifile on March 05, 2012, 12:07:25 PM
thats fine if your going for league win, but if your going for overall, too many donuts will cost you

But if you choose players just to suit byes, that will also kill you, will it not??

T Dog

perhaps tweak your idea slightly.. and load up key players into the same bye week and just lose the 1 game and smash the other 2 bye weeks with a fullish team.

chatters24

I just think it will be really interesting this year with how the byes will work.