Main Menu

Best player of all time, VOTE

Started by Alex7089, August 09, 2009, 12:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

i was just wondering who you thought was the best player of all time. If you have a different player tell me please because I know there is someone missing but I can't figure out who the hell it is

nas

Alex7089

Prospector_1

I'm the Bobby Skilton vote. I grew up hearing about his 3 Brownlows, and that was in the days when 2 was unheard of!

I was brought up to value the fact that the Brownlow is FAIREST first, and Best second. So I reckon Bobby takes a lot of beating, but that's my opinion!

CFC 1979

i can only go on those i have seen. Ablett could rip a game apart and kick 17 goals better than any other foward. His effort in the 89 GF is the best i have seen. I seen him hit wayne johnson at KP one arvo and snapped several ribs and the stand were vibrating from the hit.

Alex7089

Quote from: Prospector_1 on August 10, 2009, 02:03:06 PM
I'm the Bobby Skilton vote. I grew up hearing about his 3 Brownlows, and that was in the days when 2 was unheard of!

I was brought up to value the fact that the Brownlow is FAIREST first, and Best second. So I reckon Bobby takes a lot of beating, but that's my opinion!
Same prospecter I admire him and he was 2nd for me... I always think about how much south melbourne sucked and how much he would've been targeted by opposition. He would've been a bette player had he been at a good club i reckon.

freezer

Bloody tough decision! I can only really look at the players who I actually saw playing the game when I was growing up. Carey was unbelievable and propelled North to flags. Lockett & Ablett Snr were amazing on their days, but I think Carey was more influential.

Big Paul Kelly fan. I don't think I have seen anyone his size hit contests harder than him. He isn't up there with the greatest, but inspirational to watch.

Alex7089

It is hard I probably would've made a different decision had I seen every player play. But I reckon it would be hard because of the way gameplans, skill and scientific discoveries have allowed the modern player to fulfill their capabilities

ossie85

Personally don't think Malcolm Blight or Glen Archer - great players they were - should be in this discussion.

I'll go Lethal Lee.

gfc27

Rational Viewpoint

The name is Bill Hutchison and you're missing the best of all time, once he finishes.  Gary Ablett Jnr!

2Fat2Old

Eddie Hocking

Guernsey number: 8.
Crows debut: Round 1 v Hawthorn, 1991.
AFC games: 11. AFC goals: 4.
Recruited from: Central District.
DOB: January 6, 1970.
Original squad selection 1991.

One of the Adelaide Football Club’s first ‘cult figures’, Eddie Hocking’s short career with the club was one to remember. At 168cm, Hocking remains the smallest Crows player in history. Runner-up for the Magarey Medal in 1990 (to Scott Hodges), he played with dash and loved to sidestep opponents & the jumping up to reach the head punch. Following his stint of AFL, he played for West Adelaide in the SANFL.

Pav29

Some of them ledgends hadnt had a vote. Ablett would have to be though. What a ledgend.