Things we have learnt from Round 2 of NAB

Started by Capper, March 03, 2012, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Just starting this post to talk about things we have learnt about teams and positions of players in team.

I will start it off but just letting you know that i dont have foxtel and havent seen any of the games live, but listened to Cats v Coast and Swans v Roos.

GAJ - Killed it, ball magnet, must get for all teams
Bock - Played up front and looked good, may stay up there all year if rumours are true
J Bartel - Still loves the junk time, scored alot of points just hanging around the ball like a seagull and kicked a couple of goals.
Hogan - Will take Ling's spot as the tagger in the team
Big O - Looks to be No 2 behind West, and could be on the slide out of peoples teams
J Bolton - Still a tackling machine, 8 tonight and topped the swans list.
Morton - Looking more and more like not starting round 1 for the swans, Jetta may get in front of him
HMAC - Started slow and then milled the 2nd half when Goldy went off
Devon - Stats looked good, got alot of ball, unsure on efficiency, tackled well
Coniglio - Living up to pick 2 in last years draft
Hawks - No comment, they played GWS and Bruce did well in the stats
Cox - Beaten by Redden in HOs, but clearly didnt care about NAB
Q Tip - Started with a bang, then faded like a kero lantern
The eagles midfield of Kerr, Gaff, Priddis, Masten fired on all cylinders
Koby - Played well after a slow start
Redden - Out rucked cox in HOs and will maybe included in all teams here on in but will he be No 1 ruck for Port???
Michelle - Played well with 18 pos and 4 tackles
D Swan - Still doesnt give a shower about the NAB
Heater - Started the year yet again on fire, just watch out for when he falls in about 12 weeks
Magner - Ball magnet, will be elevated by the Dees. A star of the future

Fell free to add more or discuss my views

Added Lions v Crows
Golby - Starred for lions, as a back?
Goose - A worry that 2 of the top 3 lions scorers are backs??
Rocky - Leading mid for lions, no surprise there
Longer - Better then the burger
Dangermouse - 33 disposals, and ran the mids
Porps - Made it through a half of footy
Berger - What happened there??? Bad stats son

Capper

oh yeh and the bombers dont like travelling on buses just like us normal civilians, they will only travel by plane, not that they got off the plane, didnt want to get there hair wet ;D ;D

FactHunt

Just watched the melb v pies game... I too liked the look of Magner, he seemed to be everywhere. He will be a popular pick.
I also like the look of Couch again, but have they got room for him in the side when Trengove and Moloney return?
Heater was solid. Pendles played a very strong first half (as to be expected), and Howe to some ripping grabs!

Capper

Quote from: FactHunt on March 03, 2012, 11:43:02 PM
Just watched the melb v pies game... I too liked the look of Magner, he seemed to be everywhere. He will be a popular pick.
I also like the look of Couch again, but have they got room for him in the side when Trengove and Moloney return?
Heater was solid. Pendles played a very strong first half (as to be expected), and Howe to some ripping grabs!

Good to know, if couch and MAgner play well, will the Dees drop them for Trengove and Moloney returns??

FactHunt

I don't see them leaving out either of Moloney or Trengove! so either they have room for more, or these guys are in waiting. In any case it's a nice position for melb to be in having plenty to choose from

Capper

Quote from: FactHunt on March 03, 2012, 11:49:20 PM
I don't see them leaving out either of Moloney or Trengove! so either they have room for more, or these guys are in waiting. In any case it's a nice position for melb to be in having plenty to choose from

so they may not play round 1???

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: FactHunt on March 03, 2012, 11:49:20 PM

but not for us :P

Colliwobblers

magner will line up round 1, lock him in eddie, 24 years old and just what the dee's need a hard honest attacking footballer, he is everything the new direction is about, and ofcourse trengove (captain) and Moloney, line up ahead of about everyone else.

I think nicholson will be one of the otehr two rookie promotions he is a hard tagger they also need, so question is dee's people, who will be the third?

also, in the ade/bri game, the usual suspects proved thier worth in a losing side redden/rocky
dangerfield dominated, but didnt have to share the midfield with thomo
porps scored 50ish in a half of footy
golby put his hand up for our mid priced defender position with a ton off half back, but thats adcocks position/role now isnt it

Luigi197

Justin Bieber

Hey you did this on Dt as well. Meh. Umm yeah some good performances. Swan looked good before subbing himself off.

bennynam

Quote from: tabs on March 03, 2012, 11:37:47 PM
oh yeh and the bombers dont like travelling on buses just like us normal civilians, they will only travel by plane, not that they got off the plane, didnt want to get there hair wet ;D ;D

That's GOLD! Should've sailed to Wangaratta!  :D

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Luigi197 on March 04, 2012, 12:00:07 AM
no love for Big O?
did not impress, but will take time to find his groove i guess....?  he will play tho so thats all that matters for a rook ruck not sure how many others in the comp will

Capper

Quote from: whatlez on March 04, 2012, 12:01:13 AM
Hey you did this on Dt as well. Meh. Umm yeah some good performances. Swan looked good before subbing himself off.
yeh mate to get different perspectives. DT goes on stats,SC on their actual performance

Sorry guys didnt know the Lions played Crows tonight. Will update soon

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 03, 2012, 11:59:53 PM
magner will line up round 1, lock him in eddie, 24 years old and just what the dee's need a hard honest attacking footballer, he is everything the new direction is about, and ofcourse trengove (captain) and Moloney, line up ahead of about everyone else.

I think nicholson will be one of the otehr two rookie promotions he is a hard tagger they also need, so question is dee's people, who will be the third?

also, in the ade/bri game, the usual suspects proved thier worth in a losing side redden/rocky
golby put his hand up for our mid priced defender position with a ton off half back, but thats adcocks position/role now isnt it
Nothing like putting your hand up to be noticed - Will put the pressure though on Hanley and McGrath for a spot across HB lines. Adcock will be safe.  Now starting to get some depth across positions.

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on March 04, 2012, 12:43:46 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 03, 2012, 11:59:53 PM

Nothing like putting your hand up to be noticed - Will put the pressure though on Hanley and McGrath for a spot across HB lines. Adcock will be safe.  Now starting to get some depth across positions.
Ringo, Did you see the game?? Goose and Golby got alot of ball tonight Ringo, was the ball in the Lions HB most of the match??