Things we have learnt from Round 2 of NAB

Started by Capper, March 03, 2012, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

NAB's a good indicator for rookies and players with new roles. Thats it.
Premiums performances in NAB are no indicator as to how they are playing.

TheMailman

Quote from: Maca24 on March 04, 2012, 08:37:59 PM
NAB's a good indicator for rookies and players with new roles. Thats it.
Premiums performances in NAB are no indicator as to how they are playing.

Finally someone agrees :)

Capper

Curnow not firing, Minson doing well around the ball

Jay

Everyone should have hargrave in their team

SonsOfZeus

matty boyd is now a lock in my team and going 3 mid prem still undecided on rucks

ando_10

Quote from: Jayman on March 04, 2012, 08:58:49 PM
Everyone should have hargrave in their team

+1 if this had a like button i would like it a million times hahah

bottlemart

Quote from: FonFatty on March 04, 2012, 01:27:30 AM
Things that I learnt this week.

Magner & Couch will be part of Melbournes plan for round 1 and beyond, forget this Moloney & Trengove talk, these boys will be there beside them, plenty of room there, guys like Blease, Bail, Bate will be making way for them, well fighting for positions with them.
Jarrad Boumann can play and will play early for the hawks, he along with Schoenmakers will be taking the talls from the opposition whilst Stratton and Gibson play loose / third tall. Gilham might not break back into the hawk side if Boumann plays the way he did today. Just his athletic ability and the poise he had when in possession really impressed, top pick up for the hawks IMO especially with their leaking defence.
Shaun Burgoyne will be in for a big year this season, players usually peak when they're into their third season at another club, he has been exceptional  for the hawks in his first 2 seasons but I have a feeling he will explode this year, will go back into the middle with Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell and really repay the hawks for the faith they had him in when they gave up a couple of early picks for him. Looked quick amongst the kids today.
Marty Clarke looked really slow and not quite right to me, I know it was his first hit out for a couple of years & also coming back from a niggle but I am not that confident that he will be that player that everyone assumes he will be, I can see him being in and out of the side and also a green vest candidate on numerous occasions. He could be the Cam Richardson off last year  :-\
I didnt get to watch the other games today, I will continue my assessment if I get to catch those games.

I agree with the above comments.  Burgoyne, Magner and Couch, I like all 3.

I'm not convinced on marty Clarke as yet.  He wasn't in my side even before last nights game.  I didn't see any of the Coll v Melb game, but david parkin said recently on one of the Fox Footy shows that the irish were very surprized that Collingwood picked up Clarke as those closer to him don't believe that he has the commitment required to play AFL at the moment.  I would rather spend a bit less for another rookie or a bit more for a premium such as burgoyne, yarran or broughton.

j959

You can draw a line through Tommy Walsh.

Already tentative but think everyone was just monitoring to see, but don't think there is any doubt now.  ;)

FonFatty

Kane Lucas will be an inconsistent SCer, at the $220k price tag I think he is to risky to start of with. He looked fantastic last week, this week he didn't look like it at all, he wouldn't make Carltons best 30 on todays form.
Paul Bower might be a good pick up, he looked out of place last weekend but you could see the improvement in his game this week, he might get an early opportunity in Carltons team and with continuous improvement he might be a viable cash cow, fingers crossed for all those that have him in their line up.
Clay Smith could be a smokey, could turn out to be last years Liberatore, could make you some quick $$$..
Sam Rowe will not get many games this year, I admire his efforts but I really think he will only make his mark in the VFL for the bullants.
Nat Fyfe is a must have. Lock him in and press the yellow keep button (foxtel IQ remote)
Lee Spurr did OK for the half he played, but I have a gut feeling he could be the Cam Richardson off last year, all the acolades he brings with him to Freo are encouraging but can see him being in and out of side. Hope I am wrong for those that have him.
Brandon Ellis & Steve Morris will be regulars in the tigers line up, they have both got roles to play in the tiger defence, probably will take a while to peak in price but will make you a $200k profit each by mid season.

Capper

What does everyone think about Webberly??
2 decent scores in the last 2 games for the tigers

Capper

Quote from: tabs on March 03, 2012, 11:37:47 PM
oh yeh and the bombers dont like travelling on buses just like us normal civilians, they will only travel by plane, not that they got off the plane, didnt want to get there hair wet ;D ;D

good to see the aints get the points

fever

Quote from: j959 on March 05, 2012, 01:33:50 AM

Already tentative but think everyone was just monitoring to see, but don't think there is any doubt now.  ;)

but will he play? the fwd rookies look the thinnest line this year, so gametime might be close to all you need from whoever fills your bench.

Colliwobblers

Still some great FWD rooks..

GWS - treloar / smith / hampton / cameron / tomlinson

Other - smedts / pfieffer / hall / saad / couch / skinner / dickson / zorko / kerridge / sexton / del olio / papertalk / redpath

a lot of those might be upgrade targets or duds alltogether but still enough to choose from i think the defense rooks are thinner and the rucks thinner again...

TheMailman

Quote from: fever on March 05, 2012, 02:14:11 PM
Quote from: j959 on March 05, 2012, 01:33:50 AM

but will he play? the fwd rookies look the thinnest line this year, so gametime might be close to all you need from whoever fills your bench.

He'll play all the games he can.
He scored 23 points in the 1st quarter by itself, but only 5 points in the 2nd when he was subbed off so you can expect scores above 50-60

ben_020285

The things I have learnt are that:

- Magner the magnet should be a LOCK in every side. This years Michael Barlow in my opinion. No doubt that he will be elevated by the Dees and will line up for round 1.

- Until this week I had drawn a line through Porps but after 16 disposals in just over a quarter of footy, I now have a place for him in my side as F5. Even if he doesn't become a keeper he will be a great cash cow and with the Crows relatively easy start he should score well at the start of the season.

- Hargrave is a much better pick than Lake and is now in my side as D5. Didn't actually realise that he was cheaper than Lake until I went looking for his name!