Rate this team please be harsh

Started by hubbaup, March 02, 2012, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hubbaup

Kickasnaggler

Grimes is too much of a gamble (not the footballer, lol) given his recent injury even if he is ok for round 1, he has played no more than 13 games a season to date.  Smedts is one to look at as well as there are some reports that he will still struggle to cement a regular spot in their line-up even with the departure of Milburn and Mooney, Ling etc.  No issue at all with your midfield except Hayes may be a gamble but a worthy one if it pays off.  Rucks are great but looks like you have compromised your forward line to get them by having Higgins, Porplyzia and 2 additional rookies in there.  Could probably even go Leuenberger and Kreuzer and have an extra $100k to spend on upgrading either Higgins, Grimes.  Haven't heard any solid reports about Gerrick Weedon looking like playing a regular game in 2012 either, same with Baguley, but he is a more likely option from what I have read.  Hope this helps, probably not though!

hubbaup

No thanks mate you have franked what i was thinking in regards to my somewhat weak forwards but i am sold on the Cox Kruezer ruck set up so i will have to find the funds another way. Cheers bud

the captain

I would suggest trading out Burgoyne, Grimes and Higgins. Also take a look at your rookies, as a few of them might not play much, if at all, such as Baguley.

Ringo

Def: Enright at D3 Worries me Has not averaged more than 100 for the last 3 years I am a firm believer that your 3 prems should average more than 100.  OK for D4 though.  With Grimes Injury may downgrade to Hargrave or Lake and upgrade Burgoyne to Shaw, Broughton, Birchall, Suckling.
Mids: Sound
Rucks: Reasonable - enough threads on Kreuz for your informed decision.
Forwards: Concern with Martin at F3 similar reasons to Enright. Gutsy call with Higgins which may pay off.

Not making any comments on Rookies till I have seen solid 4 quarter performances not just 2 40 minute games.

Solid team which could do with a slight bit of tinkering

hubbaup

I think Martin will explode this year and i have shipped Higgens off or Zaharakis who like Martin could EXPLODE but loving the input guys. Burgoyne is a punt but with a solid pre season behind him im happy to take the risk even though i havent fully checked out the rd 13 bye situation and rookies will change over the next few weeks like my underpants