Struggling with rookies and mid pricers! Rate this team please.

Started by Kickasnaggler, March 02, 2012, 08:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickasnaggler

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3443/scteampg.png Such a headache trying to find the next gun or rookie who will genuinely succeed at AFL level, even the gamble on previously injured players going cheap.  My structure this year is to try and go the Barlow factor and have as many mature age big bodied rookies and those that have been highly rated.  Given that so many names are thrown around and the obvious salary cap is what makes DT and SC so hard but so much fun and a great challenge.  Hopefully the image pops up of my team, if you could please rate then I would be most appreciative.  I have worked bloody hard on this but no doubt there will still be many holes in my team.

the captain

Downgrade 1 of Yarran, Reid or Gilbert, then upgrade the other 2. Also get rid of Stanley, he's not worth just being there as a dpp, possibly get Derickx in, or move Rowe to the ruck, and get a new forward rookie.

Another midfield premium would be good, such as Swan/Judd/Murphy, it's just lacking a bit at the moment.

Kickasnaggler

Yeah fair point about Yarran or Reid, that choice would be Reid at this stage as I see improvement in Yarran again this season to a premium contributor (probably biased being a Carlton supporter).  Gilbert I fear had a bad season last year due to the whole Kim Duthie factor and the St Kilda gayness photos published but has proven he can produce high scores so trying to make the most of his price.  Is Didak a fair bet given he has apparently had a much less interrupted pre-season?  Reid still I believe hasn't had a full preseason but looks exceptionally talented but whether that transfers to points is another factor.  Who to downgrade to is another issue I don't have the balls to decide on.  Will probably take up on the ruck factor though and slot Rowe in there as there are some forward options aplenty that could easily take that place, not the same with cheap rucks obviously.  The only other factor is getting another premium midfielder and how to achieve that.  Ultimately I want to have just 1 rookie playing in main 22 on back line, 2 in midfield and 1 in forward line but went for 3 in midfield to try and keep all other contributors as premium as possible.  Cheers for your feedback and will have a look and see what I can do.

the captain

I can't see Yarran, Reid or Gilbert turning into premiums, just due to their game styles. Yarran has a change, but it would be quite risky to have him instead of someone like Marty Clarke (good downgrade option). Reid is also a great player, but that doesn't mean he is a great supercoach player.

Didak was having an awesome preseason, but he did his hammy so forget about him.

Good luck.

felsty

Too many risks for mine. You are picking blokes based on their hopeful improvement in your mind. I would wipe the slate and start again getting players you know are premium keepers on each line not players who might have a good year because chances are all they will do is make money for you, which is exactly what a rookie can do. Good structure with the 3prem 5rook mid and 1prem 3rook ruck but IMO you should only choose one of these as mid and ruck premiums score the biggest and most consistently, forwards and backs usually have their good and bad games.. Forwards are pretty good (don't know about beams) but the other lines need some working. Scotland to the backline and zaha to forwards and get some actual gun premiums in the guts! Losing about 100 - 200 points there a game!