Think ive got the balance right! thoughts?

Started by TheBestThereIs, March 01, 2012, 09:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBestThereIs

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Heppell, Clarke, Mohr, Ellis (Wilkes, Brown)
Mids: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Sloane, Miles, Mitchell (shiel, zorko)
Rucks: Leuenberger, Jacobs (Giles, Stephenson)
Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Christensen, Smedts, Hampton (Walsh, Saad)

$26,000 left over, thoughts?

TheBestThereIs

jamesalex

One of the best I've seen in terms of balance.

Only player I'm not keen on is Rooey, You could maybe get Sidebotom for him and upgrade else where.

9/10- very good team

the captain

I'd suggest getting rid of Heppell, Sloane, Jacobs and Christensen, then upgrading/downgrading them all. Other than that, the teams pretty good. I also remember hearing reports Shiel was in a moonboot a few weeks ago, so just keep an eye on him.

TheBestThereIs

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Updated side

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Clarke, Mohr, Ellis (Wilkes, Brown)
Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Martin, Sidebottom, Christensen, Smedts, Hampton (Walsh, Saad)

burner11

Quote from: TheBestThereIs on March 02, 2012, 08:54:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Updated side

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Clarke, Mohr, Ellis (Wilkes, Brown)
Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Martin, Sidebottom, Christensen, Smedts, Hampton (Walsh, Saad)
Shiel ,Mitchell and Zorko are all injured and won't play rnd 1, replace them with McDonald, Wingard and Gibson and keep Magner (melb) on the radar too ;-)

fever

Quote from: the captain on March 01, 2012, 09:58:55 PM
I'd suggest getting rid of Heppell, Sloane, Jacobs and Christensen, then upgrading/downgrading them all. Other than that, the teams pretty good. I also remember hearing reports Shiel was in a moonboot a few weeks ago, so just keep an eye on him.

agree with all those players being questionable.

i believe it was treloar in the moonboot. shiel had an appendix. just wait for r1 teams for rookies.

Ringo

With Rookies just wait till after the NAB cup and see who is selected in teams.  I think far too many people are being exited by 2 forty minutes games.  Personally I will be making my assessments over the next 2 games to see how they handle 4 20 minute quarters which is why I am not making any comments on rookies in teams at this stage.

If you are going for overall you will have a problem with a donut from one of yourprems in Round 13 (Goddard, Lids and Burchill share the bye).  You may have a similar possible problem in forwards in Round 12 if Christensen is a keeper,

Just Personal with martin prefer him at D4 with the Tigers tough early draw.  (I want my 3 prems in the three lines all scoring over 100 points so you see my concern with Martin)

Very solid side with nice spread of prems 8.5/10 Discounted by .5 due to prem bye in Round 13.

TheBestThereIs

Updated side

Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Christensen, Smedts, Hampton (Walsh, Saad)

In: Heppell, Fyfe
Out: Birchall, Martin (Both upgrade targets potentially)
Thought behind the change, Heppell will only improve on his 83 ave. of last year, expecting 90+ (almost matching birchall).
Martin has tough early fixtures, an early upgrade target as his price may drop, Birchall is likely to be an upgrade target as well

hryan

i don't think Jacobs is a good ruck option, there are cheaper guys available who will score just as highly e.g. Zach Smith and Kreuzer.

I don't think Heppell will be the best choice at his price either, i doubt he'll score as highly as he did last season.
And Sloane really needs to be changed.

8/10

TheBestThereIs

Quote from: hryan on March 02, 2012, 05:15:39 PM
i don't think Jacobs is a good ruck option, there are cheaper guys available who will score just as highly e.g. Zach Smith and Kreuzer.

I don't think Heppell will be the best choice at his price either, i doubt he'll score as highly as he did last season.
And Sloane really needs to be changed.

8/10
[/quoteThanks for the feedback hryan...in saying that, i disagree with almost everything you said

Jacobs ave. was 100 last year, massive pre season, easy fixture, adelaide's No.1 ruckman, only 24 (hitting his peak in the next few years)...should ave 105+ IMO.
Sloane ave 87 last year, will only improve, all reports are a good pre season, ball magnet, Thompson will get the tag at adelaide, easy fixtures...he will ave 100+ IMO
Im not sold on heppell either...trying to find money to turn him into a true premium]

TheBestThereIs

Cheers for the feedback guys!

Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Christensen, Smedts, Hampton (Walsh, Saad)

The Supercoach

backs: Not to sure on heppell but besides that it looks very good

Mids: Like the mids, i dont really no much about sloane so i cant relly comment on that

Rucks: They look good but burger jacobs and giles share a bye so there a donut

Dwds: I like the fwd line but i am not even remotely sold on christensen, i honestly cant see why so many people are picking him, on the other hand i like the look of sidey he should be set for a good year

Nice team, just a few changes i would make 8/10

TheBestThereIs

Quote from: The Supercoach on March 03, 2012, 01:15:03 PM
backs: Not to sure on heppell but besides that it looks very good

Mids: Like the mids, i dont really no much about sloane so i cant relly comment on that

Rucks: They look good but burger jacobs and giles share a bye so there a donut

Dwds: I like the fwd line but i am not even remotely sold on christensen, i honestly cant see why so many people are picking him, on the other hand i like the look of sidey he should be set for a good year

Nice team, just a few changes i would make 8/10

By the time the bye's come around Giles won't be there...he'll be used as part of an upgrade trade

TheBestThereIs

Updated side

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Heppell, Lake, Mohr, Ellis (Wilkes, Brown)
Rucks: Leuenberger, McIntosh (Giles, Stephenson)
Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Smedts, Hampton (Walsh, Saad)

In: Birchall, Lake, McIntosh, Dangerfield
Out: Deledio, Clarke, Jacobs, Christenson

Thoughts?