Useless tips from last years winner

Started by kilbluff1985, March 01, 2012, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

charliesheen

KISS principle.  I think people try to get too fancy.

"I will continue to try and pick the right rookies, which I believe is one of the most important and sometimes overlooked aspects of SuperCoach."

I think too many people get caught up at what other people are doing (player X vs player Y) and overlook the fundamentals.  Most things will come secondary to nailing your rookies (or getting them in quick if you missed them).  How you structure the rest of your team is very much an individual thing and needs to be considered on a case by case basis.

In 2011, not picking Goddard would have given you the edge, but that edge can just as easily be lost if the basic underlying fundamentals are not in place.

MC

Quote from: fever on March 02, 2012, 11:22:10 AM
good post MC

It amazes me how many people say this and yet still no love on the old +/- button! Haha

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MC on March 02, 2012, 12:58:49 PM
good post MC

It amazes me how many people say this and yet still no love on the old +/- button! Haha

Lol. Look at mine haha.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: MC on March 02, 2012, 12:58:49 PM
good post MC

It's actually quite new...
Haha but I gave you a cheer MC. Don't worry, be happy.

PowerBug

Quote from: charliesheen on March 02, 2012, 12:37:59 PM
KISS principle.  I think people try to get too fancy.
Not a heavy SC'er but that's what i've been saying on the DT boards. :)

And ftr, Impromptu has actually signed up on FanFooty, not sure how often he comes on though.

bomberboy0618

Actually, if I win this year, I will bring some revolutionary strategies so if you all play really badly you will win next year :P

PICCOLLO

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on March 02, 2012, 01:17:12 AM
Agree on Captain is massive but I've seen a lot with one of them. Whether they pick that perma Cap is arguable or laughable if they don't.

I'm sorry but why does having a similar team discount you? Once the season starts, 30% (random number generator says....30%) is made on good trades from there.

spot on.  Everyone talks about how Impromptu didn't start with Goddard etc.  Fact is he started with K.hunt , Atley and Richardson.  His trading got him the win, not the starting team (though that helps)  Anyone who gets on here and adopts the 'cookie cutter' method of selection is giving themselves a good start.  Its good trading, capt choice, starting line uo that that make the difference

FonFatty

I finished in top 200 last year, if I took Curnow instead of Rohan Bewick you would all be bowing to me like i'm some sort of god as well. My strategy last year was 2 prem midfield with rookies and load up else where and honestly if it wasnt for Bewick spudding it up on my field I could be $50k richer today.
The bloke got lucky, he didnt have Ablett Capt when he scored 19, mind you Ablett was coming of 180 odd the week before, that is the sort of luck you need. You need to dodge the bad beats, if that sort of luck is on your side you can go deep into the overall ranks.
Last years winner is on the same wavelength as most of us, he reads and researches the same stuff we look into, he just had the bloke upstairs looking over his shoulder. Maybe they should have an article on all the Tatts division 1 winners to explain how they won their millions  ::)

ossie85

Blame the writer of the article, not Impromptu (the winner) - who has been a great user on fanfooty!

alex87

He's not going to give away all his secrets! Like choosing Tom Scully this year, I mean, forget I said that.

cortez

Agree cometely MC!!! People around here need to follow there own thinking more instead of being sheep!

Ringo

I agree with most of whats been said and reading his article there is not a lot of difference between what most of us do anyway.  On reading his article he got lucky with his rookie choices and used trades wisley.

I think the basic principle to win the 50k is Select the right prem keepers, Select the rookies that will give cash gains quickly, trade well and wisely and have a huge dose of luck from the man upstairs with regards injuries, suspensions etc..

Cambo

Quote from: Ringo on March 10, 2012, 01:08:53 PM
I agree with most of whats been said and reading his article there is not a lot of difference between what most of us do anyway.  On reading his article he got lucky with his rookie choices and used trades wisley.

I think the basic principle to win the 50k is Select the right prem keepers, Select the rookies that will give cash gains quickly, trade well and wisely and have a huge dose of luck from the man upstairs with regards injuries, suspensions etc..

Its these things that can very quickly derail a SC season...

Impromptu

I have never said luck didn't play a role in my win, and even my OWN blog I acknowledge it:

http://supercoachscores.com/2012/03/impromptu-2011-winning-luck/