Useless tips from last years winner

Started by kilbluff1985, March 01, 2012, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

scotty_222

Manbearpig

Pick a good captain, you say? Holy flower, this is mindblowing strategy!

Capper

snore

and you can read all about picking a captain at my new website

S_Coach99

and here I was, thinking you need to pick a really sh!t captain

ando_10

Justin Bieber

Ziplock

if you read his blog though, he has some fairly useless points/ strategies.

Obese Arachnid

At least it didn't bloody draw you a map & tell we which players to select! :P

So sick of those articles.

nevaldo10

I agree it was useless. But do you really think he will reveal his strategy....Cmon !!

tom_scully

It's targeted at nuffies, who only put their team together at the last minute or who have never played the game before, not for people who are serious about the game. It's also a promotional piece for supercoach. So for what it is it is perfectly written for it;s intended purpose and audience. And TBH Impromptu is usually very open about his teams and strategies.

upthemaidens

just cause you win one year doesnt mean you have any hidden secrets that no one knows.
anyone who does alittle research before the season starts and pays attention to the goings on in footy during the year can get top 10k .  from that its really just luck that will give you the win.
  in a way it would be like getting advice on winning the lotto from someone who won the lotto.. not really much help

coconut52

im thankful it didnt give to much anything away all you need to do to be half decent at SC this day is look at superfooty and it pretty much tells you all the good picks and strategies. but yeah it pretty much was for nuffies and to promote his new blog which is pretty good i must say

MC

Let's be honest here boys, the advice was simple, yet SO many self-proclaimed experts on these forums fail to meet these standards.

Picking a reliable captain in your initial team
So many teams i've seen have no reliable captain choice. The amount of teams without one of Swan, Pendles or Ablett astounds me! Selwood is NOT a reliable captain choice yet.

Always follow your instincts
How many teams look exactly the same as the team that preceded it? Too many.
How many people throw around names and decide against it because of public opinion? Too many.
How many people have changed their side to bring in the 'flavour of the month?' Too many.

These 'pointless tips' may not be as pointless as they first appear. Obviously using these forums, we're putting in our time for research, but for those who aren't - at least they'll understand why they're not finishing in the top 1000 ;)

Obese Arachnid

Agree on Captain is massive but I've seen a lot with one of them. Whether they pick that perma Cap is arguable or laughable if they don't.

I'm sorry but why does having a similar team discount you? Once the season starts, 30% (random number generator says....30%) is made on good trades from there.