Down to $600 in kitty ... check this out!!

Started by mpollock, February 29, 2012, 11:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

B: Goddard, Scotland, H.Shaw, Heppell, Clarke, Bugg, Morris (Darley, L.Brown)
M: Ablett, Swan, Boyd, Selwood, S.Gibson, Zorko (J.McDonald, Magner)
C: Cox, Sandilands, (Giles, Big O)
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Sidebottom, Smedts, Hampton, Skinner (Kerridge, A.Hall)

* 3 defenders should avg 100+ with Heppell an outside chance as he is a future superstar
* 4 forwards will avg 110+ most likely ... and some good cash cows if the rookies are upgraded in Gibson and Magner
* 3 defenders will avg 100+ with Sidebottom an outside chance
* 2 rucks are the best available

Only fault with this team i can see is the bye is not that evenly distributed ... but i figure there will be trades both forced due to someone killing it or injury ... so whole dynamics could change by round 11!!

Let me know your thoughts!!

MC

Rule #1 - You NEVER trade a premium player for another premium player. (Barring injury/suspension) 

You say your team structure could change due to form... cardinal sin!

Otherwise, not too bad - however you're relying heavily on rookie contributions across the lines.

Capper

good to see an almost pure Prem and rook line up (with Clarke) not a fan of heppel but time will tell

mpollock

I will never trade a premium for another premium ... I was referring to the bye structure changing due to some rookie coming out of nowhere and killing it which happens most years - take Curnow last year.  Some rookies will also peek meaning you may trade them before round 11 ... hence your bye structure will change in terms of rookies (not premiums obviously).

I have two rookies on the ground in the backs and mid ... zero in the ruck ... three in the forward line.
I would say 5-7 rookies starting on the ground is pretty standard across most teams ... i am on the top end of that as i don't like to many mid priced players (Clarke is a must and Christenson is a maybe for me).

considering however:

Mid: In: Hogan, Shiel Out: Gibson, Magner
Fwd: In: Martin, Christensen Out: Chapman, Sidebottom

This gives me better balance for the byes and Martin is less likely to go down with injury then chapman.
Christensen is almost as good as prospect as Sidebottom for a break out year ... and a lot cheaper.
Also gives me one less REAL rookie on the ground as Hogan has been around 2 years although only played a couple of games .. but with Ling retiring should be a good cash cow with good job security.

What do you reckon guys?