heavy mid approach. thoughts? rate for rate :)

Started by gotheroos!, February 29, 2012, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotheroos!

hey guys, here's my team:

goddard scotland broughton hargrave clarke bower ellis - smedts darley
ablett murphy boyd selwood j.watson mcdonald - kerridge l.brown
leunberger giles - stephenson rowe
franklin goodes adams sidebottom dangerfield cooyou pfeiffer - zorko couch

thoughts? not much money left. went for 5 gun mids. defence sligtly weak, but hoping hargrave clarke and bower do reasonable (70-80). brought in watson as he's the best from essendon to make use of their early fixtures. dangerfield adams and goodes have good early fixtures. sidebottom should break out. leuy is a solid pick. giles should be sufficient until the guns drop in price to bring one in.

thx! will rate urs too

felsty

backs: been hit hard. is the hardest line to find good premiums and the 3 you have chosen are strong but it drops off quickly.. not a fan of both hargrave and clarke, especially with clarkes injury concern

mids: too many mids are impacting your cash cows. this year the mid rookies are flying with soo many options out there you will be missing out with 3 spots, especially if you want dpp in there too.. some of the older rookies like magner (120 av in vfl last year) and gibson (24pos average in vfl) will dominate i reckon so jump on one of them in replace of one of your premiums

rucks: im not starting a rookie ruck but it will def work. giles should be better than zac smith last year as he has already been in the system long enough. so long as brogan doesnt dominate the role should be fine!

fwds: not a fan of adams. is he a keeper? like the choice of sidey and to a lesser extent danger

all in all your mids, although probably giving you a huge start to the year, will make it hard for you to make money early if you pick the right rookies. a few dodge picks to imo 7.5/10

McBayne

My concerns are with your Midfield and Forward line. F3 should be averaging (at least) high 90's and I doubt Adams can do that. I agree with Felsty that you need to drop one of your premium midfielders for a rookie to make up the cash for later in the season. My choice would be Watson down to Magner/Gibson/Neale to then upgrade Adams and leave some cash in the bank.

Also I wouldn't have Kerridge and Brown in the same line, purely for bye related purposes. With Craigy gone the Crows rookies may get some better opportunities, but the midfield rookies are too good this year to put your eggs in the Crows basket. Move one of them to Back/Forward and replace with Shiel or someone like that.

Rowe is probably too far down the pecking order at Carlton to get any significant game time, keep an eye out for which rookie rucks are starting round 1 and are likely to continue to get games and go with them.

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Well balanced .The Hargrave selection should pay off, Get rid of Bower
Mids I would downgrade Watson to a Rookie as your Mids only have one starting CASH Cow.
Rucks: You will lose points with giles as second ruck but alot of team will have him as there no.2 starter.
Fwds upgrade Leigh Adams to a premium & Maybe Dangerfield to either Sidebottomr or Zaharakis

Overall This team has focussed its strength in the midfield and has left other positions vulnerable. Igive this team a 7/10

fever

i dont understand why everone wants to stack their mids this year, there are so many good midfiled rookie options available compared to backs and fwds.

Capper

not bad but i agree with fever. Mids and Rucks are usually the easier to make money out of with rookies

gotheroos!

ok guys, here's the edited version!

goddard scotland broughton hargrave clarke birchallellis - smedts darley
ablett murphy boyd selwood gibson mcdonald - kerridge magner
leunberger giles - stephenson derickx
franklin goodes zaharakissidebottom dangerfield cooyou pfeiffer - zorko tomilson

thoughts? thx!
if u want me to rate ur team. pls post urls! :)