Who to replace Brown & Grimes with?

Started by Hoggyz_a_legend, February 29, 2012, 08:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggyz_a_legend

So of course I had both in my team until this afternoon, with my pre round 1 prems/mids locked.  :'(

Now, I think it's better to ditch them, and if the time comes, upgrade/downgrade to them.

I have $845,900 to spend on the two players. Atm, I have Hargrave & Sidebottom in their place, with $133,300 leftover.

My prems are Goddard, Birchall, Broughton, Heppell... Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Riewoldt.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Manbearpig

Actually, I think Hargrave/Sidey is a better combo anyway, so it's turned out well for you. I would also consider a Howard/Martin combo.

Mozza3

Sidey and Hargrave are solid. Fyfe and Howard could be a winner.

Torress

i'm thinking porpz could be the ideal replacement for browndawg when you think about it.  obviously he has to prove he is up and about come round 1. but we know he can pump out a 85+ average when firing.

brown was my midpricer/fallen premo (well everyones!), maybe AC is the good replacement but he is midpriced in a breakout category, he hasn't done it like a fallen prem (like brown).

atm i've done porpz in for brown and scotland in for grimes...  but this has basically stuffed up structures so a bit of tinkering will happen! 

if matty bate REALLY impressess for the rest of NAB i'll definately consider him for browny. but i doubt he'd be a true blue keeper - maybe AC is the one as he has dpp to cover our benches??? 

Nroo is not on my radar, i basically think he couldn't get a kick in a power station this year!

bowyanger

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on February 29, 2012, 08:44:42 PM
So of course I had both in my team

Silly you then...

Surely Malceski and Higgins must have some appeal to you?

dswallow24

good options there, solid as mention

if you want to take the risk. Sam Gilbert , one also a fallen star.

coolfugitiv0

"He (Grimes) is set to play in the final round of the NAB Cup and will start the home-and-away season after being cleared of a major dislocation or break."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jack-grimes-to-miss-two-weeks-after-injuring-shoulder/story-e6frf9jf-1226284941677?from=public_js

4INAROW

i still won't have him in, i was only considering because of an un-interrupted pre-season.

this guy cant take a piss without hurting himself.

Justin Bieber

Can't afford to play Grimes anymore...

burner11

Quote from: 4INAROW on March 01, 2012, 01:20:35 AM
i still won't have him in, i was only considering because of an un-interrupted pre-season.

this guy cant take a piss without hurting himself.

+1 same with Brown the crash test dummy ;-)

Capper

to me they were both too risky at the start of the season and i havent really thought about having either in my team.

If Barry Hall ran in Brown in a training drill he would have got 8 weeks