please rate my team

Started by big_cox21, February 29, 2012, 04:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_cox21

injury to johno brown has forced me to make some changes.

backs -  goddard, deledio, shaw, broughton, lake, clarke, ellis  (morris, brown)

mids -  gablett, swan, selwood, shuey, sheil, mcdonald  (gibson, magner)

rucks -  berger, kreuz (giles, stephenson)

forwards -  franklin, goodes, fyfe, rioli, pfeiffer, zorko, smedts  (hall, couch)

$44,500 remaining to work with

give me hell :)

4INAROW

pretty good side

backs are pretty basic no issues with byes. good

mids are spot on with gaj, swan, selwood-underpriced and will up his ppg imo, and takin a small risk with shuey. good.

im not a fan of kruez but ur taking a punt with him, that's fine he could be in for a big 1. good.

forwards pretty good just make sure u get your rookies right with 3 on the ground.

personally ik would go pav instead of fyfe, but that is just me havn't really got a problem with either.

good side 9/10 good luck

johnnytheboy1

Backs Very Solid defence Could change Lake to Hargrave but that is up to you.
Mids: Vey Impressive Midfield Luke Shuey is a Gun he is a nice Unique and will score highly.
Rucks  Kreuzer will  either score well or burn you.
Fwds You can't get much better than the 4 premiums you have.

Overall This team has the the right balance 12 premiums and Shuey & Kruezer as your mids, you will need them to fire to stick with the leaders.   I give this team an 8/10

tor01doc

Hey bigboy,

Lake OK? I am off him now after the train wreck that was Grimes and Brown in my team.

Shuey excellent. Wish I could fit him in, but I need 2 decent ruckmen and Kroozer ain't one.

Rioli and Buddy in same team worries me.

Goodes laters for me. Maybe start with a Cat?

8.5/10.

big_cox21

4INAROW -  thankyou for the generous rating. i personally rate fyfe ahead of pav in fantasy terms and have never been to crash hot on pav. but thanks for your input :)

johnny -  thankyou as well, i think ill stick with lake, im pretty confident with him there.

tor01doc -  with lake im not letting brown and grimes inpact on his as they are completely seperate. in my eyes they were the big three injury comeback pickups and if 2 have gone down there has to be a success story within 1 of them.

also rioli and buddy playing in the same team doesnt faze me at all, they are playing for what is maybe a top 2 team in the league and will both collect touches in the midfield and kick alot of goals. as long as rioli and his new running technique are keeping his hammys happy then im all for them both.

with goodes amazing early schedule im happy to go with him. also if i swapped him for a cat the options are:

stevie j -  who has only averaged above 100 once and above 90 twice in his career.
or chappy who is a hamsting risk just as much as rioli, i origionally had chappy but didnt want him and rioli in together. and if i went away from rioli it would of been to dusty martin who has that tough draw to start the season.

so i figured i would go the ever consistent goodes who has only average under 105 once and who has a great early draw to combat his notoriously slow starts.

to all of you i do believe kreuezer is a good pick and could average 100 points this season, ive read a few sources saying he will play prodominately in the ruck this season, and he is very dangerous as a forward taking big grabs and kicking goals so aslong as he can stay on the park which he is due to do then he should be a monster.

and thanks for your comments on how great shuey will be in my team averaging 110 :) haha

bennynam

Hey big_cox21,

This side is slightly better than your random side. ;)
It's very very good.
Our backs are almost identical.  I went Enright over Broughton. I've got Brown also.
Ellis is a good pick. Will he take control of the kick in duties?
1st 3 mids are the same as mine. Loving the Shuey pick.  What about Gaff I think he'll do real well this year.
I went Berger and Cox. Risky I know having the same bye.
Mate your forwards are perfect.  Couch is in my side also.

Well done. 9/10

Benny.

big_cox21

haha yeah the random team league will be alot of fun, and alot of work hahahhaa

yeah i was tossing up with enright and broughton but the way i see it is broughton has updide if he is moved into the midfield a bit more and he is stil young, whereass enright will either stay on the same path or decline slightly as he is getting old. so for saving 20k i stuck with broughton

as for gaff v shuey i think gaff could be good, but he will only be as good as the shuey of 2011, and thats at his best this season, whereass sheuy can furthermore increase and i think could be a 105+ per game scorer and maybe even push for 110. only other high scorers for eagles are priddis and cox, and for a top 4 team there are many fantasy points to be had.

dont know about the responsibilities of ellis but have only heard good things about him.

thanks for the comments and the rate, ide say ill rate yours but apparently its the same as mine so why bother hahaha

good luck in the random league and good luck with your regular side also

thank mate

McBayne

Very solid team, and I'm liking that you still have a bit of cash to play with once those rookies bring home the bacon :)

My only concern is having Ellis and Morris in your team. I think one or the other will shine, not both. When was the last time two young rookies in defence (or in the forward line for that matter) BOTH had fantastic seasons? There are similar quality defensive rookies in other teams and you're less likely to be stuck with one only averaging 50-60. The question will be which one out of Ellis and Morris do you keep?

For me it's Morris. Yes, Ellis will likely have the kick in duties, but you're losing a stat every time the opposition score a point (and the way Richmond plays that's likely to be a lot over the course of a game). Also, Morris comes from the SANFL where he is playing against bigger bodied players, Ellis is from the TAC Cup, this is only another positive for Morris in my books.

Of course, it's your call, but choose wisely. All round a fantastic team, you should be proud.

big_cox21

thanks man yeah i have been pondering that one and i couldnt choose, i dont know much about either but my feeling on ellis is the heppel of 2012. although im thinking do with morris, downgrade ellis and hve more cash to use now or later. thanks for the comments McBayne

keep the comments coming guys thanks

4INAROW

one piece of advise, make sure people give you reasons for there ratings, some blokes will give good or bad ratings based on how similar your team is to theirs.

just make sure they know what their on about as most blokes in here do.

good luck.

tor01doc

Bigboy

I think I'm in a 'pubic' league with oyu.

Do not change your team.  ;)

big_cox21

yeah good point 4inarow make sure you guys let me know why you rate it what you do.

and tor01doc if your so confident coz my team doesnt look like yours then ide be just as confident if i saw your team and it didnt look like mine, so just wait for the season to start before you talk any trash  ;)

keep the feedback coming guys. i swapped ellis for bower but does anyone have a word on bower will he play every week and will he score well? otherwise who are the other defender rookies to get in on or who should i be looking for in the nab?

what are people thinking of why or why not kreuz will do well this season?

big_cox21

tor01doc

Bigboy,

Kreuzer has a lot of the P word - and that is dirty.

'Could would should do' aren't as convincing as 'has done' in my book. Mummy for me.

But then I lose a few poiunts on other lines.

Looking forward to the season.

big_cox21

yeah i guess potential can be mis;eading, you just gotta know which players can make the most of their potential and when they will do it. but thats the risk you take to save some cash and spend it elsewhere

goodluck for you too