Getting nerrrrrrvous about my selections. (Picture)

Started by DCoast, February 28, 2012, 10:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCoast

Still a few weeks out and I'm getting real nervous about my picks. I need some reassurance!! or maybe a hard talking too! ha. A few risky ones (Hunt, Bower) I know but hopefully with some luck should be a good team. Cash left: $2,100. Tell me what you think. Rate 4 rate btw

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nick_1069

i'm not a big kruez fan, but no issues in the ruck.

the mids look amazing, but looking at your backline especially, it would appear you need cash elsewhere. i think you need to downgrade at least one of judd or hayes to a rookie (wingard looks good), then look at spending some money upgrading the backs. one or maybe two of hunt, bower or davis need to go up. if you can't go premium (such as lids, shaw etc), looks at guys like grimes.

if you want to save cash elsewhere, pendles will probably not stay at $700,000 and imo will be a good upgrade target. also maybe rohan or butcher to a rookie would free a bit up?

not a bad team but just needs a bit more balance.

good luck!

MC

Mate, i'd be nervous too! A very different team than most - maybe ask the question why?

A LOT of midprice options could be swapped for rookies to shore up the weaknesses. 5 non-rookie mids is at least 1 too many, i'd get rid of Butcher, Hayes, Judd, Bower and one of Davis/Hunt.

With the MASSIVE amount of cash you would get -

Def: Bring in a prem ie. Shaw/Deledio/Birchall and a mid price defender such as Hargrave/Grimes/Heppell etc
Mids: Bring in another prem and a rookie
Fwd: Leftover cash to upgrade Rohan/Clark to a gun.

Very good rookie choices though, and a decent ruck combo. Good luck!

DCoast

thank for the replies. MC, your right about the 5 non-rookie mids. Will tinker with that and get a prem defender, probably Delidio. (Got a weird feeling about Shaw this season)

Cheers

McBayne

First place to save some cash is downgrade Butcher to Pfeiffer, saves about $160k and whilst Pfeiffer is currently a rookie he will get a guernsey as one of Port's 2 available rookie promotions. Also wiht Port, Blee likely won't get a game (at least not early on); try Wilkes from St Kilda (for the same price) or Spurr from Fremantle (for $10k more) to get cheap players who will increase in value.

Perhaps also look at downgrading Coniglio to a cheaper rookie. Does anyone seriously think that he's going to outscore the next best rookie by so much that the $80k initial price bump is worth it?? By the time you hit round 6 or 7 his price will (probably) match most other gun rookies, and you would have saved yourself that money in the meantime.

Whilst it is a price increase, Daw probably won't get much (if any) game time with the Roos, Goldstein and McIntosh will aready be locked in a pretty fierce battle for No 1 ruck, and even if one of them gets injured it would still be tough for Daw to get a game. Swap him out for Giles from GWS and watch his price soar (Giles will likely get No 1 ruck so even if he is on your bench it is a player making money, not just sitting there wasting a space).

You COULD stick with Hunt, or you COULD get a player who's actually going to play decent football. Follow the above advice (MC knows what he's doing) and use the freed up cash to get rid of Hunt for a gun defender.

Shore up these issues (plus those mentioned previously) and you've got the makings of a team that could top your league.

DCoast

Quote from: McBayne on February 28, 2012, 11:25:59 PM
First place to save some cash is downgrade Butcher to Pfeiffer, saves about $160k and whilst Pfeiffer is currently a rookie he will get a guernsey as one of Port's 2 available rookie promotions. Also wiht Port, Blee likely won't get a game (at least not early on); try Wilkes from St Kilda (for the same price) or Spurr from Fremantle (for $10k more) to get cheap players who will increase in value.

Perhaps also look at downgrading Coniglio to a cheaper rookie. Does anyone seriously think that he's going to outscore the next best rookie by so much that the $80k initial price bump is worth it?? By the time you hit round 6 or 7 his price will (probably) match most other gun rookies, and you would have saved yourself that money in the meantime.

Whilst it is a price increase, Daw probably won't get much (if any) game time with the Roos, Goldstein and McIntosh will aready be locked in a pretty fierce battle for No 1 ruck, and even if one of them gets injured it would still be tough for Daw to get a game. Swap him out for Giles from GWS and watch his price soar (Giles will likely get No 1 ruck so even if he is on your bench it is a player making money, not just sitting there wasting a space).

You COULD stick with Hunt, or you COULD get a player who's actually going to play decent football. Follow the above advice (MC knows what he's doing) and use the freed up cash to get rid of Hunt for a gun defender.

Shore up these issues (plus those mentioned previously) and you've got the makings of a team that could top your league.

To be honest I totally forgot about Daw there, didn't think that through too well. Giles, good idea. Saw Hunt on the weekend and I was impressed (hitting targets in the wet / general vigor). I've always wanted to seem him succeed but maybe i'm asking for too much by putting him in my team. Thanks for the feedback!

mpollock

At first glance the worst team i have seen (no offence intended) ... basically so many players that are just don't go zones ... Davis is a punching defender, K.Hunt showed nothing in the midfield last week, Bower will struggle to get games so don't start with him etc

But when i look at the structure of having a really weak back line it sort of works ... backs generally score the lowest and we will be lucky to see more then 1 or 2 avg 100+ ... so going cheap in the back line and loading up elsewhere is a strategy that may work ... still as per the other comments i would remove most of the mid-priced players and downgrade a midfielder (Judd) to Wingard.

Ringo

Something else to consider when re constructing team is Ablett, Murphy, Judd and hayes all share Round 13 bye so your midfield will be decimated.  As others have suggested look at downgrading 1 or 2 to bring in prems in other lines. Agree with most of the other comments made so nothing I can add.