Please Rate my Team Draft 1

Started by Bluesmad, February 28, 2012, 05:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesmad

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, C. Yarran, B. Lake, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, W. Sierakowski (B. Smedts, L. Brown)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Priddis, M. Barlow, C. Wingard (J. McDonald, S. Gibson)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, H. McIntosh (T. Derickx, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, J. Butcher, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (D. Zorko, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $3,000

tor01doc

Too many round 13 bye boys in forwards - 5 in all.

And 4 in defence.

Spread 'em!

Giles on the ruck bench please.

Riewoldt, Brown and Porps in one team seems risky but could pay off - I thought I was being daring with 2 of them!

Mids too strong this early as money spent here leaves other lines too weak.

Ringo

As a rule of thumb to be competitive you require your 3 prem Def, Mid and Forwards to average 100+. With your team at the moment can you see Yarran, Martin and Riewoldt averaging this given all were in the 80's and 90's last year. Would prefer to see at least one or 2 proven prems here. 3 of your forward prems have the bye in round 13 and I would look at upgrading one to Fyfe, Goodes, Pav, Chapman or Johnson. You also have Goddard, Lids and Yarran sharing bye look at upgrading Yarran to Shaw, Broughton, Hurn or Enright.

I would be downgrading Barlow or Priddis to a rook and upgrading forward and defence line for a stronger team.  Can you afford to have $3.1m of $10m salary cap spent on mids.

Although you have very strong mids still rate team 6.5/10 due to weaknesses in other lines.

Bluesmad

Thanks for the help guys i have made a few changes

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, B. Lake, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, W. Sierakowski (B. Smedts, L. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (J. McDonald, S. Gibson)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, J. Brown, J. Butcher, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (D. Zorko, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $75,100

How does this one look

Bluesmad

With the latest injury to Brown i have done 1 change

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, B. Lake, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, W. Sierakowski (B. Smedts, L. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (J. McDonald, S. Gibson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, J. Kennedy, J. Butcher, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (D. Zorko, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $2,700

Dropped Brown for Josh Kennedy

tor01doc

Personal opinion but Porps / Kennedy / Butcher / Zaharakis combo too risky and unproven.

Sure about Barlow?

Sure about Lake?

big_cox21

yeah not such a strong team imo. downgrade like a butcher for a rook and maybe even porp aswell and upgrade kennedy.

Bluesmad

Ok lets try this one lol

FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, A. Siposs, A. Tomlinson, A. Saad (D. Zorko, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $111,800

Ringo

Solid Team now:

Def Lake risk which we all know about.  Rumours persist of Clarke injury as well so watch.
Mid - Prems solid - Watch rook selection for Round 1.  Based on Primus's comments on Wingard he may not play and if he does may be vest candidate. May be better options for both him and Coniglio at a lower cost.
Rucks: Set and forget
Forwards: Just a concern with Martin at D3 - Has tough early draw. Like to see D3 average 100+ and maybe questionable whether he will achieve this year.  Do not mind as D4 though. Maybe upgrade Dangerfield with your cash to Boomer or similar you can afford as a suggestion if you do not think Martin will average 100+

Rating 8.5/10

McBayne

Reasonably good team. Here's my thoughts:

- BACKS: If you feel like Deledio isn't right early season, go for Fisher, Broughton or Birchall, who will likely score as well as Deledio, especially early in the season. Otherwise looks pretty good. I like the look of the 3 premium, 3 rookies and a roughy pick in defence.

- MIDS: Coniglio and Wingard can be downgraded to other rookies who will likely score just as well, saving you around $150k and you're not losing on points. For example Magner from Melbourne will be upgraded off the rookie list and will spend plenty of time in Melbourne's midfield. Barlow is a risk, could be a good risk, but with other money saved you may be able to upgrade to a proven performer.

- RUCK: Solid rucks, very stock standard but there's a good reason why most people are going for this structure.

- FWDS: Downgrade Siposs to save yourself money and spend that cash elsewhere. I can't see him doing any better than a good rookie, so choose wisely and you can save yourself around $100k and up your scoring potential significantly.

Good luck.

Bluesmad

Quote from: Bluesmad on February 29, 2012, 05:58:03 PM
Ok lets try this one lol

FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, A. Siposs, A. Tomlinson, A. Saad (D. Zorko, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $111,800

Another Go DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, B. Lake, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, W. Sierakowski (B. Smedts, L. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, S. Docherty, D. Shiel (S. Gibson, J. Magner)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, B. Harvey, D. Martin, A. Tomlinson, A. Saad, A. Treloar (D. Zorko, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $248,100

have upgraded Dangerfield to Boomer
Downgraded Siposs to Treloar also down graded Coniglio & Wingard to Docherty & Sheils
Not sure if McDonald would play or be more of a coach so went for Magner
should i spend money left to up grade Lake ???

Thanks for all the constructive critisim it is appreciated  :)

tor01doc

Spend some.
A 1/4 mil on the bench can't earn you points.

$535000 will get one of the best defenders - Birchall / Broughton for example.

You happy with Danger and Barlow - both could be iffy.

McBayne

Quote from: tor01doc on March 01, 2012, 04:07:03 PM
Spend some.
A 1/4 mil on the bench can't earn you points.

$535000 will get one of the best defenders - Birchall / Broughton for example.

You happy with Danger and Barlow - both could be iffy.

Agree, although I think you want somewhere between $50 - $100k cash in reserve for the beginning of the season, so that you have at least the ability to make quality trades without affecting your team structure too much.

Bluesmad

Quote from: Bluesmad on March 01, 2012, 03:56:23 PM
Quote from: Bluesmad on February 29, 2012, 05:58:03 PM

MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, S. Docherty, D. Shiel (S. Gibson, J. Magner)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, B. Harvey, D. Martin, A. Tomlinson, A. Saad, A. Treloar (D. Zorko, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $248,100

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, W. Sierakowski (B. Smedts, L. Brown)
CASH LEFT: $43,000

ok upgraded lake to suckling leaves $43k for late trades and upgrades