Rank in top 1K last year... but need help this year!

Started by Carn, February 28, 2012, 04:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carn

What do you think of this team:

DEF
Heater, Goddard, Dids, Grimes, Bugg, Ellis, Wilkes
(Darley, Townsend)

MID
Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Barlow, Shiel, Neale,
(McDonald, Mitchell)

RUCK
Cox, Leuenberger
(Stephenson, Giles)

FWD
Buddy, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Martin, J.Brown, Pfeiffer, Cameron
(Smedts, Dickson)

Carn

Is brown to much of a risk?
Is Leuenberger the real deal?
Sidebottom overrated?

johnnytheboy1

Backs Grimes & Wilkes are the concerns on this Grimes as he is yet to play a feel season & Beau Wilkes looks like he will be in Dawson spot at Full back so he is not going to score much. Apart from that an above average defence
Mids I have 1one concern here and that is you don't have one DPP MAYBE Look at Hampton or Kerridge, Zorko if he can get fit.
Rucks A1  no change needed
Fwds: Good mixture of Premium & Rookies should score well.

Overall: This team has a total of 12 premiums with the possibility of 14 if Barlow & Jbrown fire. I think if you could fit that extra premium into your team your team will  average highly.

I give you an 8/10

TheMailman

Rucks are sweet, no need to change those

I think you're a bit late with Barlow, with his leg soreness and worrying matches most people have jumped off him. otherwise fine.

What I feel lets you down is the backline. Grimes hasn't played more than 14 games in a season, that's actually barely halfway.
The fact that you're playing Wilkes on the field is also dodgy. Nab showed that its likely that he'll be at Full-Back, replacing Zac Dawson and no doubt he won't score much more than him either.

My advice, change Brown to someone cheaper to upgrade both Grimes and Barlow, before finding another 105k odd player that you are confident in replacing Wilkes

Otherwise good :)

Carn

Carn

Re: Rank in top 1K last year... but need help this year!
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:37:58 AM »

Updated based on your comments, any better?

DEF
Heater, Goddard, Dids, Scotland, Bugg, Ellis, Smedts
(Darley, Townsend)

MID
Ablett, Swan, Selwood, zorko, Shiel, Neale,
(McDonald, Mitchell)

RUCK
Cox, Leuenberger
(Stephenson, Giles)

FWD
Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, zaharakis, Pfeiffer, Cameron 
(tomlinson, Dickson)

essendon33

Not a bad team, looked like mine before i decided to change it..
Barlow averages 100 plus? in his debut year, for min hes too much of a risk not to have in your team, you need a mid pricer in the mids for an easy upgrade anyways..

If i was you i would downgrade on of sidebottom, zakka and get a mid pricer also maybe porps if hes fit?
rest is fine i like martin, even though i havnt got him and nice strong backline
8.5/10

Hippo

i think 8 starting rookies is too many to finish in the top 1000 again

johnnytheboy1

I have seen quite a few teams with 8 startiing rookies Jay last years winner had quite a few rookies in his team at the start of the year. Ithink the only way to get it to only 7 starting rookies is by losing players who i think are going to score highly such as Scotland and Zaharakis and replaing them with players such as Lake,Hargrave,Dempsey  &  Porplyzia & Gary rohan who won't score as high. It also goes down to how much money you have left over. But i think the inclusion Smedts instead of wilkes is a good move.

Carn

I think this side has better balance now:

DEF
Heater, Goddard, Dids, Scotland, M.Clarke Bugg, Ellis
(Darley, Smedts)

MID
Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Caddy, Horsley, Shiel
(Magner, Neale )

RUCK
Cox, Leuenberger
(Stephenson, Giles)

FWD