Thoughts on this team?

Started by jamesalex, February 27, 2012, 09:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesalex

Interested in hearing your thoughts on this 4 midfield premium, 2 ruck premium team.:

4 prem midfield (byes sorted Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by jamesalex. Salary cap left: $20,600.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Jed Adcock, Jack Grimes, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis, Tomas Bugg
Sam Darley, Luke Brown

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Joel Selwood, Darren Pfeiffer, Dylan Shiel
James McDonald, James Magner

Shane Mumford, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Dangerfield, Jonathan Brown, Ahmed Saad, Curtly Hampton
Dayne Zorko, Cory Dell'Olio

I think the big weaknesses are in d3 and f3, who are Adcock and Sidebottom. Any thoughts on how to improve that?

Thanks.

MC

I really like this team. Well balanced and some nicely calculated risks. Imo Brown is more of a risk than Steele is.
Great team 9/10

tor01doc

First of all - love your (my) rucks!

I sense that we have to 'rob Peter to pay Paul' with regards strengths / weaknesses on each line.

I have noticed when a good backline is posted, it almost always is accompanied by a comment like, 'Forwards a bit thin' and vice versa.

The 4 mid premium strategy takes a bit from your forwards and your backs.

Just say Boyd out and L Brown (DPP M/D) in - save about $520K.

Then Adcock + $260K = $710K - wow you'd get Bruce Doull for that.

Then Dangerfield + the other 260K = $660K = Peter Hudson circa 1971.

Could be a good team IMO if you sacrifice a mid for 2 upgrades.

Best of luck.

Capper

only thing is mummy usually has a brain snap once or twice a year and will miss some time

Make sure Magner is elevated before you lock him in

8.5/10

jamesalex

Quote from: tor01doc on February 27, 2012, 09:29:40 PM
First of all - love your (my) rucks!

I sense that we have to 'rob Peter to pay Paul' with regards strengths / weaknesses on each line.

I have noticed when a good backline is posted, it almost always is accompanied by a comment like, 'Forwards a bit thin' and vice versa.

The 4 mid premium strategy takes a bit from your forwards and your backs.

Just say Boyd out and L Brown (DPP M/D) in - save about $520K.

Then Adcock + $260K = $710K - wow you'd get Bruce Doull for that.

Then Dangerfield + the other 260K = $660K = Peter Hudson circa 1971.

Could be a good team IMO if you sacrifice a mid for 2 upgrades.

Best of luck.

Thanks, I've been considering a 3 rookie midfield, and I'll use it if there ar definitely 3 rookie mids who have potential to score around 70-80. I would then probably upgrade Clarke to a Premnium (I need Adcock for Rd 11 bye) and then Dangerfield to a Premnium.

jamesalex

Jono Brown to Christensen
Dangerfield to Zaharakis

Thoughts?

jamesalex

Update team- took out Brown and got Christensen. Then upgraded Grimes to Hurn and Adcock to Broughton. May of been a bit if a knee-jerk taking Grimes out, but what are peoples thoughts? I could keep Grimes and upgrade Dangerfield to Zaharakis?:

4 prem midfieldd Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by jamesalex. Salary cap left: $4,500.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Shannon Hurn, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis, Tomas Bugg
Sam Darley, Luke Brown

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Andrew Swallow, Joel Selwood, Darren Pfeiffer, Dylan Shiel
James McDonald, Sam Gibson

Shane Mumford, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Dangerfield, Allen Christensen, Ahmed Saad, Curtly Hampton
Dayne Zorko, Cory Dell'Olio

MC

Dangerfield to Zaha isn't an upgrade imo - sideways. They'll both average 90-95 ppg.

johnnytheboy1

Backs Very Good defence,  I think Shannon Hurn will have a Break out season he looked good in the nab cup so youve made the right choice
Mids: Also an impressive midfield. Probably would have Mcdonald on the field and bench Shiel.
Rucks:  A1
Fwds  I think you are one Premium Short here so i would be looking to who you can downgrade because Sidebottom should be  F4. Zaharakis will have a better year than Dangerfield but your team lacks a Fyfe or a Stevie J.

Overall I think with the right changes your team will score high.It Has good depth.If you include Sidebottom you have 13 Premiums. I give your team an 8/10

jamesalex

Quote from: johnnytheboy1 on March 02, 2012, 07:03:07 PM
Backs Very Good defence,  I think Shannon Hurn will have a Break out season he looked good in the nab cup so youve made the right choice
Mids: Also an impressive midfield. Probably would have Mcdonald on the field and bench Shiel.
Rucks:  A1
Fwds  I think you are one Premium Short here so i would be looking to who you can downgrade because Sidebottom should be  F4. Zaharakis will have a better year than Dangerfield but your team lacks a Fyfe or a Stevie J.

Overall I think with the right changes your team will score high.It Has good depth.If you include Sidebottom you have 13 Premiums. I give your team an 8/10

Thanks, I figured the only way I can get three forward prems in is if I play with 3 rookies in the forward line, which I'm not too sure about.