Considering taking a risk, M1 and 2 are Swan and GAJ

Sloane
19 (57.6%)
Shuey
14 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

sj9177

Hey All

Im thinking about taking a risk and using the cash from dropping from a 630k ish player to a 500k ish player at M3 to use in the rucks and having a 5 prem forward structure.

Main thinking is that Mid rookies usually jump in value faster based on good choices and can make one of these guys into a Boyd / Murphy pretty quickly without losing the prems in the forwards

Any feeling on which is looking better after a few NAB games?

Peter

IMO Sloane be better for DT than SC though, due to lack of quality disposal

jamesalex

I'm going to get one or the other, leaning towards Shuey, who I reckon is a bit safer.m

MC

Don't think there's much point in picking up a 500k+ player that you're planning on trading out...

Colliwobblers

agree with MC dont pick either unless you believe they will become keepers.

if you do Sloane = DT Shuey = SC

bomberboy0618

Continue believing Sloane isn't suited to SC. I'm fine with it :P

Colliwobblers

LOL i didnt say he wasnt suited just shuey has a bigger differential (i think!) i may be wrong but thats all my thinking goes off is that he scores significantly more in SC than DT.

Soooo i am saying shuey is a SC player not sloane isnt.

sloanes role in the nab cup = fantasy greatness he got so much of it and was the clearance guy the go to guy the look to guy, heck he was the everything guy.

the other who looked good but not nearly as good i thought was ebert.

locknload

I am big on Sloane this year. He is a ball magnet.. just cant help but get touches.
I agree though that looking at past figures Shuey is better for SC.
Why dont you just take both?
This year I have left out GAJ Pendles Swan.
My Curent midfield is Redden, Sloane, Trengove, Barlow Wingard Shiel Mcdonald and Zorko.

Justin Bieber

I got pretty much 6 forward prems, but still 4 elite mids?

yorgis

i agree MC why bring in a mid who WON'T be in the top 8-10 at the end of the year. if you're going to bring in someone like

sloane, you would either want him to make you good cash to help you get a premo or you would want him to become a

keeper, which he won't.

Colliwobblers

im not so sure sloane wont becomes a keeper, thono managed to be a keeper in the crows side last year, they'll be better this year and sloane looks to be the hayes of adelaide, as in he will be the guy to get in and get the ball out, first user....

its a big call but he looked the part in nab cup even with thomo there so no reason to think that wont be how he rolls in the main game....

i dont have the balls for any mid not an elite gun or an eliute rook but i wont be surprised to see sloane push for elite average this season.

Torress

Quote from: locknload on February 27, 2012, 08:08:52 PM
I am big on Sloane this year. He is a ball magnet.. just cant help but get touches.
My Curent midfield is Redden, Sloane, Trengove, Barlow Wingard Shiel Mcdonald and Zorko.

i've been on FF for about 5 mins and i've seen a few threads with ppl not having GAJ, come on now! i like the punt on the midpricer but dude you need a captain!!

sj9177

js19

With that mid I hope you're going for a league win, and your competition don't know anything about the footy ball...  ;D

bomberboy0618

Quote from: js19 on February 28, 2012, 07:10:08 PM

With that mid I hope you're going for a league win, and your competition don't know anything about the footy ball...  ;D
I was hoping that you are getting paid to take as many risks as possible :P
GAJ is a must. Pendles and Swan, meh but GAJ has upside.