Hey boys, rate for rate!

Started by MC, February 26, 2012, 01:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilmaster

Quite strong team. Maybe consider downgrading someone like leunberger and upgrading miles to someone like barlow. But either than that a pretty sound team
8.5/10

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,49280.0.html cheers

Cevap Roll

Quote from: MC on February 26, 2012, 01:39:40 PM
Cheers mate, I'm considering bringing in Cox alongside Luenberger. To do that though i'd have to go
Brown -> Christensen
Pendles -> Murphy
Luenberger -> Cox

Worth it?

I think thats a better squad. Brown is risky.
I just think at $700K pendles is too pricey

MC

Thanks for the feedback boys - starting to like the feel of my team, brought Cox in, so new team is:

BACKS
Goddard,  Shaw,  Birchall, Broughton,  Hargrave,  Clarke,  Darley,
(Brown,  Morris)

MIDS
Ablett,  Murphy,  Thompson,  Pfeiffer,  Miles,  Shiel
(Kavanagh,Neale)

RUCKS
Cox,  Mumford
(Stephenson, Giles)

FWDS
Buddy,  Goodes,  Martin,  Sidebottom, Brown, Smedts, Hampton
(Walsh, Saad)

Better?

McBayne

Clarke is injured, although he may be good for round 1 ... worth keeping an eye on and perhaps drop down to Bugg to free up some cash (only $60k but could help in the long run);

Great call on Thompson, he really does belt the crap teams and Crows have Gold Coast, GWS and Port in the first five rounds so his value will only go up;

In recent years Goodes has had a quieter first half of the season than his second half (2011 Rd 1 - 12 avg 95, Rd 13 - 24 avg 120; 2010 1-11: 84, 13-22: 93; 2009 1-11: 105, 13-22: 113), granted he's still up there but considering he's costing you a premium price for someone averaging under 100 points in the first half of the season it might be worth holding off on him until after the bye. Perhaps Harvey/Chapman if you're looking for the consistent, proven performer who is also a FWD/MID.

tor01doc

Oh McBayne - you've done it again.

Good numbers on Goodes. I might just drop him now but I will be back in your face if he fires.

Massive rucks MC. Overspend?

Lids later good idea.

Liking it better than your original.

Obese Arachnid

Seriously dude, it seems you know what you are doing.

Back yourself in after NAB finalises your rookie choices, otherwise gold.

Now way I'd have Tommy Gun though but rookies for everybody aren't set yet.

MC

Yeah good call on Marty Clarke, I'll definitely monitor his progress.
Goodes has historically averaged lower at the start of the season (who knows why?!) but I feel that if he's a keeper, then he'll be one from rd1-rd22. Can see him belting out a 150+ early on.
I've always had set and forget rucks - with these bad boys I can't go wrong! (Also have 35k in the bank)

Cheers boys!

Obese Arachnid

Clarke is pretty much good to go injury wise, certainly for round one but as the above poster said, if you can downgrade to someone you like there is a $70k saving.

MC

Downgrading him doesn't really have a huge impact on my side anyway - need to keep an eye out for potential swaps!
Any suggestions? Tomlinson? Ellis? Spurr? Bugg?

Cevap Roll

Quote from: MC on February 28, 2012, 06:19:03 PM
Downgrading him doesn't really have a huge impact on my side anyway - need to keep an eye out for potential swaps!
Any suggestions? Tomlinson? Ellis? Spurr? Bugg?

Keep your eye on Weberly from Richmond only 114K.

MC

Even with stiff competition from Ellis and Morris? Which of those 3 would be more likely? Morris seems to have better JS, but Ellis more potential to get higher scores? What do you reckon?

McBayne

Morris comes from the SANFL, where he's been playing against full grown men, whilst the others at the Tigers come from Tassie and the TAC Cup, both U18 comps. That's a big tick for Morris in my books. And don't forget if Ellis is doing the kick outs you're losing vital stats right there, there's no way the kid has enough confidence to play on enough times in a game to not frustrate the hell out of you.

And fair call re Goodes, it's not like he's scoring low 70's in the first half of the season, so it may not be worth the trade, especially for the good games he's going to have early in the season.

MC

Yeah I reckon you're spot on. I'm thinking he'll play more of a shut-down role - but over 10 games he'll rise more in price imo than a player who may only get 5-6 games in that time. Hopefully will avg 60+ :)

Jay

Quote from: MC on February 27, 2012, 11:27:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback boys - starting to like the feel of my team, brought Cox in, so new team is:

BACKS
Goddard,  Shaw,  Birchall, Broughton,  Hargrave,  Clarke,  Darley,
(Brown,  Morris)

MIDS
Ablett,  Murphy,  Thompson,  Pfeiffer,  Miles,  Shiel
(Kavanagh,Neale)

RUCKS
Cox,  Mumford
(Stephenson, Giles)

FWDS
Buddy,  Goodes,  Martin,  Sidebottom, Brown, Smedts, Hampton
(Walsh, Saad)

Better?
Backs: perfect :)
Mid: solid, no criticism there just watch rookies closely
Rucks: bloody brilliant
Fwds: very similar to mine........good any how :)

Rate: 9.5/10 excellent team

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,48411.30.html