Rate this team

Started by Nutbags, February 25, 2012, 04:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutbags

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Bug, Darley     Em:L.Brown, Baguley
Mid: Pendles, Ablett, Murphy, S.Reid, J.Macdonald, S.Gibson     Em:L.Neale, H.Cunningham
Ruck: Leuenberger, Kruezer                                                   Em:Giles, Stephenson
For: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Pav, D.Martin, Cooyou, Smedts,      Em:Treloar, Couch

$400 remaining

Cheers

Ringo

Nice team - Very strong prems
Obviously NAB cup will dictate final rookies but you do not have a lot of room to move with cash.
Mids: 3 Prems/3 Rooks is sound but make sure you really get the best to support this strategy. May have to downgrade slightly if need be.
Byes will not effect you either as you do not have any more than 2 of prems in any line.

Rate 9/10 just slight doubt over the 3 mid/3 rookie strategy with minimal cash reserve.  Well done and Good Luck.

Nutbags

Thanks Ringo

Looking at downgrading one of the fwd prems, maybe Fyfe not sure, and changing both starting rucks to Cox + Sandilands???

or would it be better to upgrade a mid instead?

Ringo

FYI I am being slowly sold on the 3 mid 3 rook structure given the number of mid rookies we have on offer this year.

Leave the ruck decision to you but you need to decide which is the best
Points scored by Berger and Kreuz and Fyfe v Cox Sandi and a rookie. If no real difference just sit.

McBayne

Very good team you've got there, although you should be concerned with only having $400 remaining in the bank.

- DEF: Very solid and one of the best set ups I've seen here. Obviously you're relying on Lake to get back to his best form (a definite possibility) and your rookies should play.

- MID: As Ringo said, be careful about your rookies. Watch NAB closely to see who plays, who shines, and who is more likely to be in and out of the side. I'm not sold on McDonald, but for the price it's very hard to look past him, Cunningham needs to be upgraded, so you might be wasting a spot here, especially since Magner is practically guaranteed of a starting spot in Melbourne's line-up.

- RUCKS: Can't fault your set-up. Fingers crossed the Kreuzer will get back to his best form.

- FWDS: I would be going only one of Fyfe or Pavlich. To save some cash you can downgrade to Sidebottom (and still retain FWD/MID if that's what you're after). Otherwise looks solid. I've expressed concerns on other teams about Goodes' early season starts, but it seems like everyone loves him so I'll shut up about that now.

Good luck, just make sure you have enough money left over for some room to move down the track.

Capper

Alot of people of late are jumping on Sam Reid in the mids. I dont see the hype

imo there are better options out there

Good structure though, much easier to upgrade mids than fwds and backs

McBayne

The thing with Reid is that he could be this years Danny Stanley, the player who had his chance previously but didn't make it in a good team, but shines in a team full of 18 year olds. I will be keeping my eye on him during the NAB Cup to see if he can step up.

Capper

Quote from: McBayne on March 01, 2012, 01:53:39 PM
The thing with Reid is that he could be this years Danny Stanley, the player who had his chance previously but didn't make it in a good team, but shines in a team full of 18 year olds. I will be keeping my eye on him during the NAB Cup to see if he can step up.
could be!!!

Nutbags

Ok so I have had a change in direction. Let us know what you think

Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Broughton, Adcock, Ellis, Darley   Em: J.Brennan, Yagmoor

Ablett, Swan, Jelwood, K.Stevens, S.Clifton, A.Miles             Em: C.Smith, J.Magner

Cox, Redden                                                                    Em: Giles, Stephensen

Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Danger, Porps, Smedts          Em: Kerridge, Couch

Obvious problem could be the one prem ruck and only $700 left in the kitty - could downgrade a couple of rookies to get some spare cash?

Ringo

Same structure as my team at the moment. Watch rookies though to ensure they are named or upgraded. Will Yagmoor be in Pies 22.
Solid Prems.