PLEASE rate! Picture! Made a few changes, any thoughts or opinions welcome!

Started by Bennyy, February 24, 2012, 01:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyy

Hey all!
Made a few changes, scrapped Scotland for hurn to help with byes, and Johnson for Chapman, and have used the money to get Johno Brown instead of Porps, and Cox instead of Sandi at this stage. Thoughts please?

quinny88

I like the backline.. Its the same as I have at the moment.. Although im still iffy on hurn.
solid prems in the mid although I think you could do with one extra. If your going to go strong on one area of the ground it may aswel be your mids as they are the big scorers.
Rucks are strong but I would consider downgrading cox for now and using the extra cash in another position.
I like the forward line alot however I think goodes or fyfe are better picks that pav and I would downgrade jbrown to a rookie and use the cash from him and the extra cash from the downgrade of cox to bulk up the 4th mid
7.5/10

ben_020285

I really like your team mate. Perfect setup. I think the 3 prem mids is the way to go this year! Just a few players that I wouldn't have in there..

BACKS: Hurn is my only concern here. He is just so inconsistent and tends to go missing often. I reckon Heppell is a better option as you're pretty much guaranteed that his average can only go up this year. We will know a lot more about Lake once we see him play during NAB but I also have him in my side at the moment.

MIDS: Perfect, wouldn't change a thing.

RUCKS: I'm not sold on Kruezer, I think that McEvoy from the same bye group would be a better option here if you can free up some cash.. Maybe by downgrading Cox to Leuenberger or Jacobs?

FWDS: Looks great, my only concern is Martin, history shows that he doesn't play well against good sides and the Tigers play all of last years finalists during the first 10 rounds. I would look to him as an upgrade target. Goodes would be the perfect replacement but once again you'll need to find some cash for the upgrade.

Structure perfect. A few player selections that I don't agree with, overall a 9/10

*** Just noticed Byrnes in there too, I would downgrade him to a rookie and then you would have the cash for at least one of the upgrades I mentioned.

Bennyy

Thanks mate! Yes hurn im questioning myself, just had to get rid of scotland with the bye setup I had so thats subject to change, as is the ruck setup but good to hear!

Justin Bieber

Bennyy

Dont mind the 3 premo mids stragey. Since worked in hogan instead of Zorko with injury. Its a real watch this space!

Bennyy

HTM

Quote from: ben_020285 on February 26, 2012, 07:41:23 PM

RUCKS: I'm not sold on Kruezer, I think that McEvoy from the same bye group would be a better option here if you can free up some cash.. Maybe by downgrading Cox to Leuenberger or Jacobs?

That's the worst advice ever

ben_020285

Quote from: HTM on February 27, 2012, 12:11:39 PM
Quote from: ben_020285 on February 26, 2012, 07:41:23 PM

That's the worst advice ever

I love it how you say that and don't actually provide any advice yourself. Really makes you sound as dumb as you probably look.

Here's my reasoning, I think that Leuey and McEvoy will average 110 each this year so 220 total and I expect Cox to average 120 and Kruezer to average 90 for 210 total.

Definitely the worst advice ever though..  ;D

ben_020285

Also, Bennyy I can't view your team as a pic while i'm at work so what changes did you make compared to your initial team at the top of this thread? (I can't see the pic at the top either but I can remember it because it's so similar to my current team)

johnnytheboy1

Backs : The only problem i have here is Lake will he ever get back to his best this is a risky pick.
Mids  you should replace hogan & Shiel with  Wingard and Neale
Rucks Kreuzer should score well enough as a 2nd ruck.
Fwds  Pretty Strong Forwards you don't need to make any changes here.

Overall: I think this team with the right changes will be highly competitive

I Give this team an 7.5/10

Bennyy

Cheers Johnny. Yes watching lake and the midfield rookies, still 3 weeks of nab cup to go but yes I'm with you

Hey Ben, I downgraded Byrnes as he didn't play to rookie, then hurn into broughton. Pretty much same team couple of rookies changed but that will change again prob with nab challenge and cup! And now got 58 grand left

ben_020285

Quote from: Bennyy on February 27, 2012, 02:22:57 PM
Cheers Johnny. Yes watching lake and the midfield rookies, still 3 weeks of nab cup to go but yes I'm with you

Hey Ben, I downgraded Byrnes as he didn't play to rookie, then hurn into broughton. Pretty much same team couple of rookies changed but that will change again prob with nab challenge and cup! And now got 58 grand left

Fair enough. If Broughton is used as a midfielder this year he should easily average 100. Fingers crossed that he isn't used as a tagger or in the backline.