Why Ivan Maric will Breakout in 2012

Started by Jacka33, February 22, 2012, 10:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

yeah man, that's cool. Just pointing out the opposite side of the spectrum :P Like, goldy + mcevoy had break outs as first ruck, but is maric really their equal? Like he couldn't get past jacobs...

on a side note, jacobs without a second ruck, + easy as draw...

tempting?

Jacka33

newfreofan

Can't pick him based purely on his haircut.

Jacka33

Will definitely get him noticed though.

EL TIGER

Thanks for not forcing us, but Im thinking about getting him as well, but the nearest choice of Kruezer is tempting!

Jacka33

Well lets see how the rest of the nab cup goes then, and then maybe some guys will start changing there thought about him ;)

Big_Cox14

Quotein fact my argument already shows why only number 1 ruckman get good scores

In most instances I would say that your reasoning appears reasonable. However, I would place NicNat as an exception to this rule. Last season NicNat was the #2 ruckman and averaged around 94 in SC whilst carrying an injury and I can see him averaging 100+ this season as he has improved his output each season. 2nd half of 2011 he averaged 100+, so your theory that only number 1 ruckman get good scores isn't entirely true.

I'm not convinced that Maric will average 100+ this season even though he'll have ample opportunity to establish himself as the number 1 ruck. Last season there were only 7 rucks that averaged 100+ . I can see Maric improving his output but more realistically I can see Maric averaging 80+ this season. His output at Adelaide last 2 seasons was 60+ (one of them where he was the number 1 ruck). Not too many rucks will average 100+, even if they're the number one at the club.

But if you reckon Maric will have a breakout year go with your gut feeling. I'm happy with starting with Cox and Mummy as my number 1 and 2 rucks. Good luck.

Jacka33

Well Maric scored 40 DT points in one half of a game against Freo, which would equal 80 for a full game and SC is usually a bit more than what DT is, anyone else still not keen on him?

Ziplock

keep in mind that he was rucking against clarke, not against sandi. And he had a very average q3, only a big q4

4INAROW

and his score in SC wouldn't equal 80 for a full game if he got towelled up in the second half.

those scores don't mean shower

Blaircam

I tend to agree that this year offers Maric a real opportunity to smash out some numbers - just not sure he's up to it.
My first team had Maric + 3 rookies.
My second had Maric + H Mac + 2 rookies.
My current line-up has Kreuzer + H Mac + 2 rookies.
I'll keep an eye on Maric though - still might put him back in.

T Dog

Maric in. With Kreuzer. Who would have thought? Had started with Mummy and Luey. A load of freed up cash.

Jacka33

Maric is on 60 DT points in one half of footy so far, lets see how he finishes but he is impressing :)

Jacka33

Maric had 102 SC points at 3/4 time in yesterdays game.

If you don't believe me here is the link to fantasy freako's twitter http://twitter.com/#!/FantasyFreako

Jacka33

Thought i'd bump my old thread because of how well he is doing.

Haters were hating during the pre-season but now the facts are all there, it's not too late to jump on him if you have Mumford or any other ruckman underperforming or injured.