Main Menu

Pavlich primed to power forward

Started by valkorum, February 21, 2012, 03:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/12968775/pavlich-primed-to-power-forward/

QuoteFremantle champion Matthew Pavlich says he is relishing his return to the power forward role but knows the nature of the position had changed significantly since he last played there in 2008.

Cicjose

it hasnt changed that much if he does what Brown did last year and get his face smashed in then he is in trouble

if he comes to meet the ball and crashes the packs in line with some good delivery from his mids,(Hawkins GF 2011 style) he will succeed

Colliwobblers

he scores best up forward and they need him to play up forward, but he won't get to stay there if the fragile freo midfield doesnt hold up ....

valkorum

Seriously Cic - do you have to post negative EVERY TIME - comparing Pav to getting an injury similar to Browns.  Brown Dog's injury last year was a freak of nature - I can only recall twice in all my years of watching football where that has happened (the other was James Hird)

Cicjose

Im just pointing out the possibilities.........

if you dont think its realistic that Pavlich will ever have his face smashed in then that's your opinion

i didnt think JB would ever have his face smashed in either but you know what happened?

its not my fault you haven't entertained the possibility of injury to Pavlich.......

valkorum

Of course an injury is a possibility but highly unlikely that Pav will have his face smashed in.  Like I said - in over 25 years of watching football I can only think of 2 occurrences (Brown and Hird).

But I don't go around thinking that an injury is gonna happen.  I think that the player is going to have a great year and be injury free.   

Cicjose

well we can only hope that Pavlich blows away the comp after the personal records he has broken over the summer and be the go to guy when the game is on the line

(imagines Fremantle playing a game in the first week of October......)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Cicjose on February 21, 2012, 11:39:04 PM
well we can only hope that Pavlich blows away the comp after the personal records he has broken over the summer and be the go to guy when the game is on the line

What game would that be cic? The GF is in September :P

Cicjose

hasn't it moved to the first week of october now we have 18 teams????

CrowsFan

No, the final will be on the 29th of September this year.

Cicjose

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on February 21, 2012, 11:39:04 PM

So what has Pav been doing for the last 11 seasons then? 

All-Australian: 2002(FB), 2003(HFF), 2005(CHF), 2006(Int), 2007(FF), 2008(Int)
International Rules Series: 2002, 2003
Rising Star Nominee: 2000
Best and Fairest: 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011
2nd Best and Fairest: 2003, 2009
3rd Best and Fairest: 2004, 2010
Leading Goal Kicker: 2001 (equal), 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Club Games Record Holder: 246

# Brownlow Votes: 107

Cicjose

i meant that he would drag us over the line for our first flag

Ziplock

you would hope so. Your window is closing... :P