Backline question

Started by Noz, February 20, 2012, 07:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Looking to replace my current B4-B5 with new players right now i have Marty Clarke and Brandon Ellis in B4 and B5.

Would i be better of getting rid of Clarke and bringing in someone else. If yes i have been looking at these 3, I rate all three of these men but which one would you pick?
Courtney Dempsey
Christian Howard
Josh Toy

Also by reports Karmichal Hunt is appearing to be adapting to his new midfield role pretty well racking up 20 disposals and kicking a goal in there intraclub match (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nab-cup-supercoach-wrap-week-1/story-fn88c7kz-1226275761558) I know he won't be hitting up them 80-100+ scores but does he come with a higher roof then Ellis. Could he be in position for a B5 spot?

ando_10

dont let the Hunt story fool you. i may be a doubter but i honestly don't think he can pull them scores off in a real game.

and out of them 3 i like dempsey the most he has proven he can score well where as your looking at a guy who can potentially have a break out year in howard and a guy who's in his 2nd season and didn't impress me too much last season in toy

Colliwobblers

forget hunt even if he does do well he will not do as well as some of the best def rooks.

Morris
Ellis
Smedts
Bugg
Darley
spurr?
blee?
brown(ADE) dpp
TOMLINSON = GUN and way better for same price as Hunt.
and if you want to splash the cash BUNTINE will be a super star may be a 7th DEF keeper.

Clark will have great JS and knows how to play the game. Hard to go past him.

Dempsey will be a good pick if his knee is ok.
Howard will be THE pick keep him to yourself he will be taking the playmaking role of gilbee.
Toy will be a champion, only question is will it be this season or next? bock will play fwd i have heard so Toy's JS and playmaking role may improve. risky but big pay off on all these three.

GoLions

is the rest of your team really strong? i have clarke and ellis both in my team, but as B6 and B7. If you really want new players though, i'd probably go dempsey and howard, for the same reasons that ando previously said.

Noz

@GL - Rest of the team is pretty strong weakest line is my defence.
@CW - Brown is in my mid, Got Smetds and looking at Darley or Bugg.

Slightly leading towards Dempsey these facts don't lie.
Essendon play 10 times Etihad stadium throughout the season, In 23 times he has played there he has averaged 69.
Essendon play 9 times at the MCG throughout the season, In 19 times he has played there he has averaged 72.
These may not be big numbers but will score better then most rookies, Impressed on the weekend hopefully he plays next game aswell.

The Bomber

everyone is on Christian Howard...just thinking wouldn't Hargrave get the nod before him, they both play similar roles...