Cash saved before round 1

Started by esquire, February 20, 2012, 03:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

i am tinkering with my team nearly everyday and averaging between 50-100K left over. Just right

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tabs on March 01, 2012, 04:38:15 AM
i am tinkering with my team nearly everyday and averaging between 50-100K left over. Just right

Yeah same. I had 57k then 66k and now 153k.

Chelskiman

I have $130k left.  I may be a bit light in defence/attack, but my midfield is very strong.  I guess only time will tell if I've made the right decision...

csboy

spare nothing! u dont earn interest on it

Grannyboy

A bit of cash in the bank is always handy should you, heaven forbid, have to do a sideways trade early.

Spite

I find anything around the 20-50k mark is perfect. Anything more and you may aswell invest in a mid pricer and trade him down to someone if it doesn't pay off.

PowerBug

Quote from: Spite on March 01, 2012, 07:07:44 PM
I find anything around the 20-50k mark is perfect. Anything more and you may aswell invest in a mid pricer and trade him down to someone if it doesn't pay off.
Wastes a trade when you could just keep the rookie, wait for some price rises, then upgrade.

Spite

Quote from: PowerBug on March 01, 2012, 09:47:30 PM
Quote from: Spite on March 01, 2012, 07:07:44 PM
Wastes a trade when you could just keep the rookie, wait for some price rises, then upgrade.

I wasn't very clear in what I meant :S Sorry. I mean you may aswell take a gamble on a midpricer, if it doesn't work out, you can trade to another late bolter (could be a mid pricer or even a rookie), you would usually need to use a trade to get this late bolter anyway, so you don't lose a trade and you get a shot at a midpricer. Of course it could potentially turn into a single wasted trade if things don't go well, but that's what the risk is?
AS if someone boo'ed me for that haha grrrr! :P

Zombie2.5

Yeah i like the 50 to 100k it seems really useful just to have that money there but if it takes all your money to get your perfect team, go for it

Justin Bieber

TofReyes

The only logic I can think of in having money saved at the start of the season is if one of your players is injured in the first few rounds you can upgrade instead of downgrading or trading sideways. But essentially you want to have the best team possible at the start of the season. 50k is plenty!